Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shade master

How can a bus with a car hanging on the back look clean and sleek?

Ted,

I saw this guy at the RV show at the Fairplex in Pomona. I had no idea he was so proud of his window coverings!! With estimates like that I bet he still hasn't done a Prevost.

Quote Originally Posted by bluevost View Post
    Ted,

I saw this guy at the RV show at the Fairplex in Pomona. I had no idea he was so proud of his window coverings!! With estimates like that I bet he still hasn't done a Prevost.

We were a bit stunned when he gave the estimate. We were at the factory in McKinney, TX. where they have hookups for 5 or 6 coaches. We had stayed overnight and the guy came out that morning and ask if we could give him a couple of hours to figure the cost. We went into Dallas shopping and he called me around noon with the bid. I had expected something in the range of 1800 to 2000, but the 3500 number was, I figured was his way of saying they didn't want the job.
    This outfit makes a nice shade and we had them on a previous motorhome and never had any problems with them.
    Jan just ask me what I was posting about and when I told her, she reminded me that it was the curve in the windshield of our older Prevost that bothered the guy. I don't remember that, but I'm thinking she is right.
    So, a newer coach with the flat front window might be a different story cost wise.

Petervs Guest

Jon,

They look clean and sleek to me, especially when I am driving, I can only see the Smart on the rear view camera.

I do not care one iota how clean and sleek it looks to anyone else!

Peter, All kidding aside, have you considered getting an article about your Smart carrier in FMCA or some of the other magazines? I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing it, along with understanding the engineering that went into doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Peter, All kidding aside, have you considered getting an article about your Smart carrier in FMCA or some of the other magazines? I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing it, along with understanding the engineering that went into doing it.
    I would be very interested in learning more about this. Is there a post on POG with pictures? I seem to remember something from a while back.

~Adam