Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shade master

Default Shade master

When we were looking for our bus, we saw a featherlite that had "shademaster." Just a fancy way of saying motorized shades, but a word that my family has come to praise and long for. I gots to have them. Can I retrofit my bus with something? I have a few spare buttons on my dash. I'd be happy with vinyl black out (roll up) shades, as I like the darkness in the AM after a late show and Driver likes the privacy at night while I am performing. Most other times, the shades are all up anyway. So, no need for fancy pleated deals.

Wouldn't it be possible to find some vinyl shades on motorized rollers and then hide any wiring behind the valences. Heck, maybe there would even be a remote control option. Admittedly, and area I know absolutely nothing about. Any suggestions?

This would be a great Christmas gift for Driver, as she is currently our "shade master" and lusts for a one button solution to this daily chore.

Thanks,

~Adam

Adam find a Hunter Douglas store and discuss it with them. Our Liberty has HD powered shades and they do the job you are seeking. Maybe their factory would be a better place to start because of the 12 volt use.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Adam,

check out www.mcd-rv.com. They make all kinds of shades, any size.

Ken

Adam,

I've had nothing but problems with the electric shades on my marathon. I wish it had the manual ones like the Liberty has.

Simplier is always better.

Mike

Lightbulb Battery Power....No Wiring!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adamdegraff View Post
    When we were looking for our bus, we saw a featherlite that had "shademaster." Just a fancy way of saying motorized shades, but a word that my family has come to praise and long for. I gots to have them. Can I retrofit my bus with something? I have a few spare buttons on my dash. I'd be happy with vinyl black out (roll up) shades, as I like the darkness in the AM after a late show and Driver likes the privacy at night while I am performing. Most other times, the shades are all up anyway. So, no need for fancy pleated deals.

Wouldn't it be possible to find some vinyl shades on motorized rollers and then hide any wiring behind the valences. Heck, maybe there would even be a remote control option. Admittedly, and area I know absolutely nothing about. Any suggestions?

This would be a great Christmas gift for Driver, as she is currently our "shade master" and lusts for a one button solution to this daily chore.

Thanks,

~Adam

Here's some with battery power, no wiring necessary.

http://www.yourblinds.com/motorized_remote_blinds.asp

JIM

Nothing more impressive than pushing a button and watching all the shades go up or down.

When they are working.

Ditto with the fancy awnings.

Ditto with the Prevost power windows.

Be careful what you wish for.

Hmmmm, I'm sensing a trend :-)

Thanks for the input and warnings!

Best,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by bluevost View Post
    Adam,

check out www.mcd-rv.com. They make all kinds of shades, any size.

Ken
    This company is only about ten miles from where we bought our bus. One of the first stops we made was at their factory. The guy who gave me the bid said they had never done a Prevost. The price for the front windshield and the first window on each side? $3500.00, yep, they wanted thirty five hundred bucks for a total of four remote controlled shades, installed.
    If your driving a Prevost you don't care what it cost, right. I don't know if they have done a Prevost yet or not, but they sure as heck didn't do ours.

KISS, enough said?

Petervs Guest

Along these lines, I did install remote windshield visors on our bus. I wanted to be able to drop them down a little more or less to block the sun, especially on the passenger side where the driver can not reach the Prevost installed roll down shades. Plus the Prevost shades left gaps at the sides and it seemed that was always where the light came through and hit me in the eye.

Mine are Carefree of Colorado brand, they have a wireless remote which I velcroed to the dash. The shades need 12 power but that is inside the overhead cabinet anyway. It eliminates all the funky rods and roll up Prevost shades, looks cleaner and sleeker.

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv...asp?m=01010501

They have worked perfectly. Cost around $400 I think, installed them myself in a couple of hours.

I also did a side window shade on the driver side, it is a simple pull down affair from the same supplier.

Pics would not load, sorry.