Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Part Is This??

Default What Part Is This??

OK, time for another chance to win a six pack of micro fiber towels. Not the used ones like Loc won last time, these will be new!!
    You may have one of these on your bus, or you may not. If you know what it is, I hope you can tell me where to get another one as it will greatly increase the "happy camper" level on our next trip.

Looks like an old style speedometer cable to me. Where it goes on the bus, I have no good idea. Maybe from one of the front wheel hubs? Or from the transmission output shaft to a sending unit?

Without a doubt, that's a semi-vascular schizophrenometer!!

John

That used to be the cable that controls the anal retentive valve and the backside of the turbo charged nitrogen powered turd-o-matic under the seat of Jdubs bus.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Andre, very amateurish guess. Of course it LOOKS like a speedometer cable of some kind, but we all know nothing is ever what it looks like when we're talking Prevost. Quit fiddling around and make a serious guess.

Fly, no, only Country Coach has need of that thing you said, I have an antique Liberty.

Roger, wow, close, but this part is from my bus, not JDUB's and if you think I would ever get under the seat Of JDUB's bus, it ain't gonna happen.

I'll give a hint that will give it away to anyone who has ever dug into the bowels of a Flex Steel Co-Pilot seat. " Think Co-Pilot seat."

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Could it be the drive for the electric foot rest. Could even be for simply moving it up and down or back and fourth, that does look like some of the old stuff Detroit used in the past on power seats.

How and the heck do you post such large pictures
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 12-19-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Send me the towels Mel, it's a Framulator!

Joe, you are da man. That is exactly what the part is. The drive cable for the footrest on our FlexSteel Co-Pilot's seat. When Jim C. was in Dallas picking up his new ride, we drove over and took Jim & Barb out to dinner. I had been planing to take the seat over to Paul Davis' to be recovered, so I dropped it off that day. Paul has an upholstery guy that is as good as it gets and is half price of most others. Anyway, when I got the seat reinstalled, the foot rest wasn't working. Took the seat back off and started the search for the problem. I unhooked one end of the cable just to see if it was turning at all. When I was hooking the cable back up, I hit the switch to align the shaft with the hole. The end of the cable started unwinding instead of slipping into the receiver, so now I need a new cable. Who knew the darn thing was made like that. Turned out the seat cover guy had hooked up the wires wrong and I should have thought of that long before I ever unhooked the cable in the first place. Jan does not know about this problem. I figure we'll be going through Dallas on our way Pheasant hunting the Saturday after Christmas when she hits the footrest switch. I'm working on my "how did you screw up the seat look" presently, so It's gonna be her fault.
    I would have had the new cable in time, but FlexSteel is closed until Jan. 5.
    Joe, send me your address for the micro fiber towels. Big pictures? No problem, slip Skiffer an extra twenty bucks the next time you see him and you can do anything you want.

Ted
    Look in the phone or on the internet for flexstel dealer in your area, they should have parts. RV interior remodel shop, RV supplus outlets or even wrecking yards that have wrecked RV would be another good place to look. How about speedometer repair shops maybe they could replace the cable in yours?
    Good Luck
    Merry Christmas

Lightbulb You Could.....

Ted, get any cable that is longer and pull the inside flex part out and cut to length. Square up the cut end with a hammer on a steel block. They used to sell the flexible inner shaft in auto parts stores for the repair I have suggested.

JIM