Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PITA Hum

Fast Roger,

Reverting back to this may solve your problem.

I think Jon has an extra one in his spare parts bin.

Picture 81.jpg

mm

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

You could drown it out with some singing of your own.

Or maybe Mel Torme would provide you with one of his CDs of his greatest hits!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Roger,

I'm not going to pick on you. Everybody else has done it for me.

I like Jim Keller's comment. Just turn down the volume. If he does a road service call for a flat tire I'll bet he tells the car owner to turn the tire over because it is only flat on the bottom.

Mango is wrong. I do not have one in my spare parts. It is upstairs in the living room and I'm using it.

Joe C was being downright cruel. Santa will be bringing him coal for his stocking.

And what's with Tuga breaking your chops? Or Mel's? Do they even have a sound system in a Newell?

Roger, when you go to bed, turn it off and make your own music.

JIM

Surround sound is standard in a Newell because when the slides are open there is so much open area the sound from the TV needs to be amplified

Roger can identify with that situation when his slides are open! Right King!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

A-1 can't give surround sound advise, he's still dreaming of stereo!

lewpopp Guest

You could give Roger the "Hummer Award". Hmmm, come to think of it, there used to be a gal at home we called the "hummer". Wonder why?

Sometimes my front TV monitor will make a high pitched buzz, but it is intermitant, and I have not looked into it as of yet. The Bose system in the front and the bose system in the back do not make any noise when turned off. Maybe a simple filter from Radio Shack for your 120 volt cord recepticle for the Bose would solve that problem.
    The wolfer also has a 120 volt plug in so you should buy a filter for it as well.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Hummer - Lew dont get excited.

Hey (with a big grin) thanks for all those responses. Just think what a noobie imagines when he reads thru this post. He is gonna get pretty excited.

Truk, A1 still listens to AM. I know.

Mike Kerley, you are probably right --- unfortunately.

This is occuring with the Bose off and the inverters are inverting. The volume is down to zip. Another potential problem is the Bose system itself. I will have to do as Truk suggested and kill the power to the Bose. On this CC they made it difficult to perform a simple task such as umplugging the surround system in that the breaker is in the bay outside and the plug is in a compartment in the closet that is a pain to get too. It was 29 with freeezing rain and a bit breezy plus it was past my bedtime.

Dale what is a line conditioner? and were did you get it? Radio Shack?

Mango sometimes I wished I had one of those. I still don't know how to get all the video / audio crap to work like I want it to on this coach.

At least when I fart it doesn't turn the Tv to channel 4.

Jim K. remember in Mobile that the display was not working on the Bose, still doesn't work. Could be related to that. It is just dying a slow death.

But -but-but My Slides still work, the surround sound still works up front, the sheet metal is still glued on, and the windows ain't broke, but I ain't bragging,

I believe that global warming is over, the election is finally over, gas and diesel are cheaper than they have been in a while, and the drought in the Southeast is about over, just don't turn on the TV and life is good.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost