Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bus age and campground restrictions.

Default Bus age and campground restrictions.

As I am doing some armchair planning for the winter trip South, I was seeing a few RV Resorts have age restrictions for the RV [10 yrs.] as well as the occupants [55].
    How do you handle these? A well cared for Bus should speak for itself but do you fudge on the registration form or be up front. This is the first year this might come into play for us, age of RV not age of my body. [I know, No POG member would ever fudge on the paper work.]

Thanks, Larry

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Wink Not with a Prevost

Larry,

The age restriction of 10 years is typically for the plastic roaches - oops I mean coaches. I've stayed at campgrounds with those restrictions, telling them up front the age of my coach when making reservations. When I pull in to register, the office staff doesn't believe it is as old as I had said it was. Campgrounds typically look at the presence of a Prevost, regardless of its age, as a plus.

Now as far as the 55 number, I can't say since I'm beyond 60 and aging ever so gracefully!

That is what I had figured was the case on the buses. I'm beyond 60 and aging gracefully as well. It's that damn mirror that needs some work.

Larry

Larry,

Please add the year and converter to your signature before that grouchy Moleman harasses you.

Tom, happy to do that just as soon as I get a Bus. Soon I hope!
    Moleman knows my status and I think I can get a pass for now.

Larry

Oops, I take all that back, you have enough problems coping with MPD! Mango Mike can help you cure that disease with his 97 Liberty...

Tom, not a problem. MPD, is that what I have? I'll tell my wife. She calls it something else.

Larry

Never had a problem with the bus as no one has even asked about the "age" once they hear "Prevost" mentioned.

And, as for my age, ...... I just lie

I've been to a couple of places that if you tell them your bus is older than their cuttoff, they ask to "inspect" it first. Generally that's been a glance out the window, and you're done.

I've often wondered about these places that you own your lot, that have the same restriction. What happens when your "legal" plastic coach is no longer within the age limit?

Ray

I have wondered the same thing Ray. Many places seem to allow things for regular long term folks that they don't allow for transients.

The Resort at Havasu where the mini-rally is being held in Feb. has the 10 yrs. limit. This is what caused me to start this thread. When I made my res. I was asked the year of the Bus. I had the 'feeling' that the person I talked to was required to ask the question and really didn't make a distinction between Bus and Motorhome.

Larry

Larry