Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M3 off the table

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg
    Lots of cars with manual transmissions cannot be towed and it is my understanding it is because the lubrication comes from the input end of the transmission which is rotating when the engine is running, as opposed to the output end, which is rotating when it is being towed.

Others cannot be towed, not because of any mechanical reason, such as lack of lubrication, but because the car company's lawyers somehow think towing creates a liability. FMCA usually publishes a list of towable cars, and I never see BMW on the list
    Here is FMCA's web link for towables.

http://www.fmca.com/motorhomingguide...wing/index.asp

No Mention of any towable BMW's, that I could find for the last couple of years anyway, like Jon said.

Gary

lewpopp Guest

That was Jeff alright. He just finished conjugating the Roswell name.

The Prevostman charges all of his credit cards up with the Florida address and then heads north to hide.

Jim, blow him in to the authorities.

Lew

bill&jody Guest

fellas, fellas...
    we all know, the ultimate toad is made by harley davidson. kinda makes it the ultimate bling as well, eh roger?
    wmm

lewpopp Guest

Furthermore, my feathered friends, the car hanging from the overhead wires is not equiped for towing. When wash is done, we hang it out to dry. Jeff, please don't wash your car and hang it out to dry. Find any cop friends on this escapade?

Lew