Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M3 off the table

Default M3 off the table

JON, JPJEFF, MM, et al-

the M3 has been upgraded. This is the latest and greatest in toads: goto ebay and enter
    Item number: 220003101947
    Roger That

Apart from having more bling than a single car should legally have, that has got to be the ultimate toad. I'm surprised you didn't paint it red to tow to Santa Fe.

But I digress. Look carefully at the pictures. In the background on one of them is a Jaguar Convertible. The white one. I'll take that in place of the M3. Pretty good eyes for an old fart, right?

Did you find out about your missing parts?

Default Good Eye

Jon: Sorry, that Jag Convertible is Z4 BMW, but if you like it - we can put a deal together! I have heard your lew bucks are the greenest. Just like your Bling is the shiniest.

Missing Parts - Well after talking to you -I emailed Satellites in Motion on Sunday and got an almost immediate response. They have been great to deal with so far. They attemped to get TracStar to ship the missing parts today -but they were closed for the holiday. Satellites in Motion has assured me to have the parts overnighted Wed when they return to work. I may have to give you another call for coaching when the goods arrive.

In other news: Have you ever got the feeling that Just Plain Jeff may not be from this planet. Strange pictures, and he emailed me a while back an article on Roswell, NM-he has been there (or maybe he came from there)
    - he also posted some crap that was pretty far-out something about an encapsulated turbo charged enema? Or something - or maybe he is going to try to bribe the 85 year old woman with that gizmo to win the bling thing- he trys to throw curves like he is going to recuse himself. Just a heads up
    Roger that copilot to pilot
    Last edited by rfoster; 07-03-2006 at 10:55 PM.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Roger, Roger:

Hey don't blame me. This came from Mike Kerley:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...36dfa3e5d7.htm

Furthermore, our Vogue came with LEDs stock. What else is a guy to do?

BTW if a guy doesn't know the difference between a Z4 BMW and a Jag, he should stay with his Ford Focus.

Roger,

See my post on the other site about JPJ also known as Prevostman.

I can't believe I thought a Z4 looked like a Jag. I was thinking it was between a Jag and an Aston Martin and ruled out the AM.

You won't have any trouble when you get the parts. But if you do I can go in the coach and we can discuss where each of the wires go. The illustrations that came with mine and that were on the internet are pretty clear.

What blew me away about mine, compared to the one that was on there was it took about 30 seconds for it to lock on to the satellite as soon as it was turned on.

Default spaceman

Jon: See what's happening now that I got two Satellite dishes- this guy showed up on the back porch mumbling something about Santa Fe - Roswas Roswell Rosgo

da prevostman
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Roger:

Not it!

I am in Maine getting ready to burn hamburgers for the family.

Ah, what station are you watching?

win42 Guest

1995 BMW M3 Towing: Has anyone had any experiance towing a standard shift M3. My son has one he wants to use as a toad. He is getting mixed answers, some say it needs to have a oil pump for the tranny, others say you have to stop every so many miles and drive it.
    Has anyone had any experiance really doing it?
    Thanks

Lots of cars with manual transmissions cannot be towed and it is my understanding it is because the lubrication comes from the input end of the transmission which is rotating when the engine is running, as opposed to the output end, which is rotating when it is being towed.

Others cannot be towed, not because of any mechanical reason, such as lack of lubrication, but because the car company's lawyers somehow think towing creates a liability. FMCA usually publishes a list of towable cars, and I never see BMW on the list