Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 09

Jon,

You forgot a North/South orientation for the bus, so you'll have shade on the patio side of the bus in the afternoon and no heat buildup by the sun shining on your windshield

Jon,

Last year we stayed at Sanlan RV Park, http://www.sanlan.com/ in Lakeland. It's about 15 minutes to Sun n Fun and was a very nice place. Less than a mile to the Metamucil store.

Mango Mike,

Chris and I will park our rig where ever you park, just let us know.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Jim,

What happended to the first Rover engine?

Two years ago, Rover decided to bleed, and bleed it did at 88,820 miles. Pouring antifreeze out of every seam the little 4.0 liter Buick engine had. Its the Biritsh way, the more gaskets the better. (we own several vintage British cars, all leak something, so its nothing new) After emptying the wallet of "POUND Sterling", with new head gasket, rear seal, throttle body gasket, etc.,and new aluminum heads, (overheating warps them) Rover was back on the road for a mere 18,000 miles,,,,,,,when,,,,,,,,,Pegged temp guage AGAIN at 106, 341 miles.
    Cooling it off and venting the steam out of the overflow tank cap, we started it up and added coolant we had on board. (We were just in the Coachella Valley, ca a few weeks ago 4-wheeling, and we had fluids/belts/hoses just in case. Its a Rover thing. Carry entire parts car with you for you never know when it may come in handy. I sometimes honestly wonder how they can boost they are most "driven vehicle" in the world and all over the world. Ours can't make it around the block without leaking something.
    This past monday we were on mission. I was supposed to follow Chris home in a car we bought before we went to Indio, Ca Nov19th. Funny thing, me and the 3 dogs, in Rover to follow Chris home to make sure he and the 1959 Ford Country Squire 9 passenger station wagon made it. (Me and dogs ended up in the 50 YEAR old Ford wagon, and ariived home without incident)
    After getting home, snowing of course, we attached a Blue Ox towbar to the Chevy duramax and went ot fetch Rover.
    Snowing even harder, we dragged Rover home. Because it was sooooo crummy out, I thought to leave the tandem vehicles outside.
    But NOOOOOOO, I had to detach Rover and drive the black Chevy back into the new barn..........BANG!!!!!kissed the side of garage door right behind the passenger side suicide backdoor. The new barn is stuffed full with 5 Airstream trailers, the '7 Airstream B-190 Van, '79 F-250, under the '69 Caddy, a '99 Porsche, and the spot for the Chevy. Trying to avoid clipping the B-190 Van I saw Chris cover his eyes and and just stand there when I heard a slight crunch. Having driven OTR seated busses for year, I can sure hit the side of a barn!
    The truck dent is small, just 500 dollars worth. Rover is still in the shop. This time it is the Timing Cover below the water pump that gave way allowing antifreeze to freely mix with the oil. A few new gaskets, and hopefully the heads aren't warped and few more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.$$ Flat Irons Land Rover said it would be ready later today............well its 5:20pm MST, and no word.

So, Jerry, that's what has happened to my beloved Rover. We have had 2 other Rovers in the past. Just pour more money into them, and they will keep on leaking, leaving a trail. If we had British computers, they would probably drip antifreeze or oil, too.
    They are very easy to tow, transfer neutral and tow!! Guess its dummies like me that have kept them in business. Chris says, I should get a Yugo!/ or have my head examined, or both!
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 12-13-2008 at 02:49 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    Previous 22 years,

lewpopp Guest

You should get a Rover tow truck and invest in a bodyshop and hire mechanic for your toy barn.

Jim. didn't you just trade up to this Rover up in Canada last year? I've owned two and have sold them once the warrenty was up. They start to fall apart about 3 days after the warrenty is up.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary,

We have had this Rover for a few years. It didn't make the trip to Quebec last year because of a mechanical problem. Gues it is inherent, eh.
    Jim and Chris
    Previous 22 years,

Rovers and old Harleys, if there is not oil underneath them you are out of oil.
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

Well,

Rover is home, wallet lighter, quivering when it will be called upon again for a Rover repair.
    Jim and Chris
    Previous 22 years,