Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 09

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

This joint is a laugh a miniute

Mike ya know they say the best humor always contains a bit of truth

Hey Joe, now that the field is wide open for senator that's another option. You might have trouble getting re-elected if you get named however unless you can get a lot of dead friends to vote for you.

Governor Joe or Senator Joe. Both sound good. The only question is which one pays the most money under the table. Except for Louisiana, I think Illinois has the best politicians money can buy, followed closely by NY.

The spot is perfect. We just need to keep the tent campers away from our generator exhaust this year to prevent the complaints when the autostart(s) fires up at 4am.

Who needs votes (dead or alive)...all you need is to be able to write a check and the senate seat is yours...make that payable to BHO, inc.

Brent

2004 CC XLII (for sale)...2008 H3-45 with bunks in the wings, no tbc for me
    09 Jeep Rubicon
    Dogs, Kids, Bikes, Scooters, etc.

dalej Guest

How many POG bus's can come to this event? Is there limit to the invites?

PS, Joe can't become a public servant, he has to many bus's to work on.

Dale,

It is rather limitless for the most part. Ken Robertson made some noise about renting the whole thing up for Prevost folks next year, but that was during this year's economy and not next year's, so that may not be a plan. But it is pretty much show up, pay and camp.

Jon,

Bring your bike. It's downhill both ways. Unless you are carrying the Krakman. Maybe Mike will get his scooter out of the bay before we get to OSH in '09?

we will probaly make it ( that is if you will consort with the "sling wingers") but what about sun n' fun in April...any thoughts about that?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

If we can get booth space (right now it looks like our only option is a 20 X 30 site) we are going to promote pilots n paws.

They have the check and the application and we are just waiting for confirmation.

If we do get it I am getting a campground reservation off site. I don't want to work all day and dry camp at night if I don't have to .

lewpopp Guest

Jon.....You Pussy.

Jon,

I would rethink the dry camping bit.

There is camp Scholler (http://www.airventure.org/planning/w...stay.html#camp) on site, on a first come first serve basis. It's like a Mad Max camp and very lively (read noisy).

I don't know what is available off site but I would hesitate trying that due to the masses of traffic back and forth from the airport. After a tough day working the booth I don't think you want to fight.

The Felker property is located at almost ground zero, very quiet (until the first warbird takeoff at 8am). Water is available and you can have the honey truck make as many pickups as needed.

It's not as close to the Bonanza Camp as we experienced the first year on the Siebold property but it's a great second.

The only downside is that you have to put up with you know who and you know who.
    mm
    Last edited by MangoMike; 12-11-2008 at 11:47 PM.

I was talking about Sun n Fun. I'm resigned to dry camping at OSH.

I didn't buy a bus so I could rough it. Roughing it to me is a campground with a gravel site. I want paved roads, 50 amp, full water and sewer, CATV, a clear view for my satellite, and a campground store stocked with Metamucil (in case Lew or Harry drop by).