Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Oshkosh 09

Jerry, I am planning on driving in sometime on Saturday so I have Sunday for set up. When do you guys fly in? I presume you are leaving the bus there and then going to get the plane?

Mango, if you can post a stree address or a google map, or the owner's name I will try to get all that printed out or loaded in the GPS. will tow so I can unhitch and scout it out or just do the guy thing and drive right to it.

Jon,

No we did the coach / plane thing last year and are just going with the coach this year, so I am going to the B2OSH hanger party in Rockford on Friday night and then smoking it up to OSH to be there for the landing so I should get parked around 10 or 11am.

We can help with your set up if we can do it early on Sunday or Sat. afternoon. We will set the awning up over at the end of 09 on Saturday so it will be ready for landing critique and observation on Sunday.

Metal Filings Man - Not much to report on the goings on for OSH. I think Mike has the parking guy lined out so we'll try to get a good count just before we launch. Airshow starts on Monday, but best day there (for some of us) is Sunday. All you need for that is a lawn chair and something cool to drink. I'm sure there will be some kind of pot luck dinner or MangoMike inspired feast, but that again will get sorted out the week or so before we go. It's all dry camping so make sure your batteries are in good shape and if you want a Hollywood shower, use the North 40 shower house. Bring a bike or alternate mode of travel unless you want to carry the Krakman's lawn chair.
    Last edited by Jerry Winchester; 06-23-2009 at 08:49 PM.

Hold onto your shorts and Mango will post the address. My old GPS won't display the address, but here's where your going:

W. Waukau Ave
    N43 58.894
    W88 34.632

I'll be there before the rest of you and there will be a standard issue black and white blowup sheep tied to the tree out by the road to identify this group of misfits. Listen to Jdub, swing WIDE....

Set up will be fast and easy so I may also be able to enjoy at least one day of festivities. I just have to hang the banners, set up a table or two, set some furry animals and cages out along with brochures and I'm done.

Figure out where you want me. I think I'm going to start the generator when I get there and not turn it off until I leave. I want a cool bus after standing in an un-airconditioned building all day.

I just googled the lat. / lon. and it looks like we go past the museum, and turn onto Waukau Rd and it appears to back up to the parking lot. It should be on the left when facing the OSH entry gate.

Your right on it Jon, the field we park in backs right up to the Museum parking lot. I thinks it's the second driveway on W. Waukau Ave. when approaching from the west. All we have to do now is wake up Mango..

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    All we have to do now is wake up Mango..
    Some of us have to work for a living, so we can pay for all this stuff.

Marland and Pat Felker
    920 231-7264
    1864 W. Waukau Ave.
    oshkosh, wi 54902

Felker.jpg

Take the East Exit off Rt. 41 to Rt. 44. Make right at first light, then stay right at the "Y". Make left on Waukau Ave. It's about the 2nd driveway on the left, small entrance so pay attention. As the boys were saying it's a wide turn in.

I'll be there Friday night about 7:30pm.

Mike
    felker2.jpg
    Last edited by MangoMike; 06-24-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Default Looks Like This From Ground Level

Is there a sign up for Oshkosh? We are thinking about making the trip.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

G.

This is pretty informal. Just post your name here and we'll look for you at OSH.

Mike