Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bag, valve or fitting?

Yup that is what I figured on the leak. There were some other issues that needed tending to so all was not lost as far as the shop visit. Unfortunately Kerrville just doesn't fit the schedule this year. Great advice I will have them stop messing with the leak and tackle the other issues instead. We did actually find a fitting loose on the front left steer airbag and fixed that ourselves. Took 3/4's of a turn so maybe the rear fittings are loose as well. Problem is this coach sat for almost two years before I started using it again 4 months ago. Before that I had someone else drive it for me. Even though I have owned the thing since new, it is like being a new owner because I didn't mess with anything about it for the first year or so that I owned it. I think that you have saved me a bunch of money with your advice Jon. Just out of curiosity were you in Helena Montana this summer, none of my business and you can tell me to $%#@@$%^ right off but we were parked at a camp ground just outside of Helena this summer and thought the Prevost next to us might have been you? Cheers.......JR

Just got off the phone with Featherlite and the tech said that they had actually found a few leaks but he agreed with you that they wouldn't spend a whole lot more time on it and to wait until it was leaking all the time to fix. Looks like yu saved me some bucks! Sure appreciate it.
    Last edited by dogear; 10-02-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Not in Helena this year. Won't cross the Mississipi westbound until Wednesday on the way to Kerrville.

A sure recipe for bus problems is to not run one often. The suspension system valves get exercised when you use the coach, level it, and make them work. Anytime a bus spends a long period of time not being used we see problems. You may have to sort them out as you use it.

We are the ones that were parked next to you in Helena.

Hi Larry, it was on your advice that I joined POG, what a great resource! Thanks so much. Noticed that you guys live in Montrose, any advice on driving (or not driving) in snow conditions? It's 19 up here today with 35mph wind gusts and blowing snow, winter has arrived! Cheers.......JR

Air leak final outcome (hopefully) is that when the coach was in the shop at Featherlite they did manage to find and fix some air leaks at minimal cost. The coach sat at the International RV Park in Daytona for a week and took what I considered to be an acceptable three days to lean a little. The minute we got the coach up to Dalton GA to spend the night the thing leaked down overnight, of course it got down in the low fifties overnight. Back in South Dakota now and we took the fender off on the left rear of the coach and we could actually hear the air coming out of both expansion tank drain valves. This seems to be the problem mentioned at the beginning of this post. The valves are 9 bucks a piece so I should have just had them replaced at Fetherlite as a matter of course. The Prevost parts guy said that normally what happens is that you fix one leak and more surface, hopefully that will not be the case here! Not sure why Featherlite stopped producing the leveling system whereby you leave the electric air compressor on and the auto level system checks the level of the coach periodically and if needed it levels it. Sounded like a cool feature to me. Anyway thanks for all the learned advice. Cheres......JR

Jim
    Don't have much advice for driving in snow and wind other that park the bus and turn up the thermostats and TV.
    Larry