Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I"ve seen something on e-bay...advice please..

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Default Dreams Don't Always Come True...

I've always known Dreams don't always come true..and my trying to realize mine alone would be a real undertaking..but I had to try..
    I agree with all the replies..I really didn't even have to be told..I think I already knew and this last one was just grasping at straws..
    Many Thanks for all your sincere concern..
    Warm Hugs Always Viv

Quote Originally Posted by flyu2there View Post
    Casual observation....Look's like the sole source for air-con, and maybe heating, is the single roof air unit, the compressor in the engine compartment does not look like it has done anything for some time. I may be mistaken but do not believe that CC ever used Cruise-Aires.

Also it has scored way too many miles in two years so what was it, a less expensive tour coach for Guy and Ralna (that will test your metal!), a rental or what?

One of those things that fall into...."if it is too good to be true, it usually is"

John

Tully Guest

Viv:

I think you are still in the drivers seat on this one. Prices are at an all time low and there are a number of owners who want out for what ever reason.
    Do not give up!

This is your dream so make it happen. All here can help.

Tully Lee Garrett

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Oh yes CC did.

John,

I have a CC of the same vintage, 1990 shell and April 1992 conversion date. CC did use Cruise-Aires. In fact usually three of them. Two are mounted up front in the "spare tire position" and one is mounted in the thrid curbside underbay in my coach. They still work after doing some work on them when we first acquired the coach. Even in NC it is difficult to check how well an A/C unit is working in December - January. The heater and Webasto on the other hand checked out just fine!

Later ...

Tully Guest

My 90 Country Coach as three roof top units and over the road a/c.

Tully

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

O/K here we go.

Why is it that many like to boast about the million mile bus's that we are driving but when one comes along with some mileage everyone runs from it?

I respect every one's opinion so if you want to beat me up here feel free.

I very much agree with seeing and driving a bus before buying and having someone that knows Prevo conversions and is a trusted and proven mechanic along for that. Viv called me and was willing to fly me down there and meet her to do just that. I do not profess to be the worlds greatest but I think I fill the previously suggested requirements.

Next most here have much newer buses and because of that much more complicated buses and I believe have a overly cautious view of potential problems based on that added complexity and the related costs that is not in the earlier conversions. Most who have similar vintages have paid way more for them and for whatever reasons aren't willing to entertain the notion that just possibly in the end if they bought a basket case and had a reliable source to fix the issues could have spent less.

I have an 85 and I can tell you it's systems are way more comparable to a plastic camper than that of a current conversion, WAY CLOSER. I have seen many bus's now and I can tell you without a doubt at purchase time ours was the
    most neglected I have come across. The guy who sold
    it to us has been in the business for better than 25years and recently came and drove it down to Florida for us and I can not tell you how many compliments he gave me as to how well it drove and preformed now. I don't say that to brag but to attest to the Good product that we are discussing

Viv is on about her UMTEENTH camper and the 90 CC in question is before CC started doing more complicated conversions and that would be great for her, way more appropriate than her trying to figure stuff on an elegant lady.

I have a personal friend who did an on site look at that bus and told me the engine and trans are solid. This bus has seen much recent regular miles I see that as a plus.

If she COMPLETLY replaced the entire suspension system with new brakes and tires and had someone do it who would not fillet her and could shop her a reasonable cost on the tires that would run up around 10 or 12K.

An in person inspection would reveal what additional costs related to the house would be needed and a pretty educated decision could be made at that time.

Here is a bus that she could write a check for and additionally have the resources to invest up to another 20 without having to borrow a nickel.

I think I remember someone saying that the market does not realize the value in the older coaches.

I know that there are lurkers out there that are PETRIFIED by all the problem threads and costs nightmares threads and the overwhelmingly complicated systems problems threads that we often speak of that these things have grown into. Hopefully my opinion will open some of those eyes and instill some confidence on moving towards ownership.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 12-10-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Well said, Joe. Personally, I would spend a hundred bucks or so to get the computer read. It may have been reset at some point, but if the service records are complete from the reset forward, it might be just fine.

Joe, Love your last paragraph. Well said.

Larry

Well said Joe. You should have run for senator. In another state.

It is difficult for me to continuously harp on problems with these buses has I have not had continuing problems with the ones I have owned. I used them regularly (76 day/nights last year) not as much as a fulltimer but enough to create a few of my own mistakes -all self inflicted issues and too embarassed to post (and when I make mention of them privately they get announced to the whole group by my pals).

Bottom line, I paid the bucks cause I like the Prevost shiney metal and love the lifestyle and all that it encompasses. The diesel fumes, the road, the maintenance and best of all I can leave town go anywhere and sleep in my own bed!

Ain't that what its all about and not be in a state of fear of breaking down and never getting the joy of owneship, or the great escape from the rat race and the adventure of the open road.?

Yes, chit happens. But I work hard to be lucky.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Joe,

Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I have spent the better part of the summer working on bus's that folks have paid 2, 3 , or 4 times as much for, replacing parts and spending money on all the things she is being warned about if she buys this older one and doesn't choke up more lewbucks up front.

When we got ours it was tore up, it was the only way we were gonna get in to one. It is far from wore out. I am very negligent when it comes to keeping maintenance and cost records possibly cause I am a bit of a grease monkey and did not intend to sell anytime soon or for profit but I have not spent that much on ours to bring it back.

Do wish I had about another 10 to spend on it, heck ya, but the inability to do so will not hurt its ability to be safely used and enjoyed.

I am really suprised at all the innitial positive feedback to my opinion, it does my heart good.

Rodger when I am finished with this crap I have gotten myself into I am leaving this county and state and will NEVER set foot on this ground again.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 12-11-2008 at 02:34 AM.