Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I"ve seen something on e-bay...advice please..

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Default I"ve seen something on e-bay...advice please..

Hi All,
    I just saw a Prevost Country Coach on E-bay...buy it now 49K
    Please take a look at it and give me your feelings about it...I would buy it even tho it's not a Liberty...because it has every thing laid out the way I want it at least...
    Hugs always Viv...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1123&viewitem=

I got so excited I forgot to give you the URL...at e-bay...please send your opinions to my home e-mail addy...
    journeyone@comcast.net I'll get them faster...
    Last edited by Journeyone144; 12-09-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to put in URL...

"Price is PLUS TT&T and dealer prep fee."

I do believe I would find out how much his "dealer prep fee" is before I pulled the "buy it now" trigger.

Tully Guest

Viv:

Sent you an email.

From what I can tell, I see a coach that has not been taken care of. I would think that anyone of us POG members can look close at the pictures and tell this.

My rims shine like money and things are clean and well sorted. This coach look to have been used and not in a good way. Hours on genny? Actual miles on coach? Records? Too many loop holes.

There is a reason asking or buy it now is only $49,000.

My opinion.

Tully Lee Garrett

Also, it would appear that this coach was driven 80,000 miles/year for the past 2 years..... ?

Engine replaced 2 years ago yet 160k on it since re-build?

I would be very wary....

The engine compartment alone shows the neglect..

Viv,

It is great that you have such a strong desire to own a Prevost bus, and you should.

I would however consider contacting a POG recommended dealer or POG recommended expert and give him your financial guidelines and let him sort out the best solution for you. Steve Bennett or some of our other POG members might be prepared to track down the best coach for you, submit a short list and zero in the the right one.

I am certain that this way you will avoid the many pitfalls that all of us can fall into when making this important purchase, especially important when considering an older coach, as much can go wrong. Its a huge undertaking that really requires a checklist and a Prevost expert, I would not want to undertake the purchase of a 1990 bus without someone who has these skill sets next to me.

Viv you can spend 2X's the $49K on service and repairs if you are not careful, the price is only one aspect of the purchase.

Viv (and all who have responded),

We would love to have you have your dream become a reality. But for that to happen and not turn into a nightmare you have to understand buying a Prevost is not something you can do without a lot of preparation and a considerable amount of effort.

Viv, several of us have attempted to help but we have failed because our communications have been poor at best and because we never know which direction you are heading.

No one can evaluate a bus on a web site. No one. Can't be done. Don't try.

To determine if a bus is going to be in consideration requires seeing it in person. Before money has changed hands, before deciding if it is acceptable, and even after seeing a bus there is still a lot involved before money changes hands, even a down payment of earnest money.

You Viv have to see the bus you are considering with your own eyes before anything else happens. If traveling to see a bus is a financial hardship then the answer is simple: You cannot afford the cost of ownership. If the seller will not allow that to happen walk away from further consideration.

After you have seen the bus of your dreams, again before money changes hands you need to have the bus inspected. I urge you to have someone who is familiar with the converter and the chassis. You may have to pay some serious dollars for that inspection. If you cannot pay for an inspection you cannot afford the cost of ownership. (At this point Viv I would love to see you fulfil your dream, but a part of me is hoping you will end your quest. I see too many issues ahead for you based on this past year's events.)

After the inspection you will get a list of the condition and what needs to be done to the coach if anything. From that point forward you have to decide if you and the owner can come to terms and who will pay for any needed repairs.

The ball is in your court Viv. I won't even look at a $49,000 coach for you. It is junk. In fact at $100,000 expect to spend some very serious money putting a coach in good reliable condition.

Tully Guest

Jon,you hit the nail on the head. 100%

Viv, follow the advise given and you will do as well as can be expected.

Best of luck!

Tully Lee Garrett

Viv, I know it sounded like Jon was a little hard on you, but everything he said was true, and truly only in your best interest.

Everyone here knows how much these jewels cost to run and keep running. You can't make a purchase like this BASED just on the intial cost. It will never stop there, and you have to have some base line of the what those costs will be based on the condition of the bus you want to purchase.

To try and put it simply, if you bought this bus @ $49K but had to spend another $50K to get it running properly, how would you feel about your purchase then?

We all want you to get your bus, but "shudder" when we hear you may have lost $5000 in the process to cover a salesmans commission? I hope you got that back!

Good Luck, we are all rooting for you.

Gary S.

Casual observation....Look's like the sole source for air-con, and maybe heating, is the single roof air unit, the compressor in the engine compartment does not look like it has done anything for some time. I may be mistaken but do not believe that CC ever used Cruise-Aires.

Also it has scored way too many miles in two years so what was it, a less expensive tour coach for Guy and Ralna (that will test your metal!), a rental or what?

One of those things that fall into...."if it is too good to be true, it usually is"

John