Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coach Batteries

I'm impressed Gary. Low-tech confiugration with high-tech results! Great job.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

dreamchasers Guest

I have looked at this post numerous times. Each time my amazement grows as to how applying simple techniques to get results. Being able to prune ideas such as these makes owning one of these huge machines much more manageable. This technique certainly goes along with my principal of Keeping It Simple!

Thanks for sharing.

Hector

Great Job Gary De. You really made it look easy.

I can hear everybodys mind whirling with their own ideas, of when they can use your idea in their own bus.

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    The Lifeline batteries are 162 lbs each (GDL-8DA) http://www.lifelinebatteries.com/rvd...ebatteries.php
    A little heavier than the Deka Gel Batteries.
    I had them shipped to my office and the shipper dropped them into the back of my Truck.
    I had looked into several other methods of removing and replacing my batteries but here was nothing I could find that would reach into the center of the storage bay so I spent a while assembling my Pole and Lever method.
    What inverter do you have in your bus?

Will it be easy to change the charge settings from the gel type to the new glass mat?

Gary, you indicated above that you bought GDL-8DA. I don't think that is a typo as the P and D are on opposite sides of the keyboard, what are the specs of the GDL-8DA, or should it have read GPL-8DA?

JIM

Default Great Battery job

I am just lucky I guess, as my batteries are on a Joey bed. You just pull it out and lift the batteries up! You would think that some of these new and fancier coaches would have this wonderful feature!!!!!! They must have known that I have 0 mechanical ability and gave me a break.
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Hi Jim. Heart 25 Inverter/chargers. Yes, it is GPL. The settings for the Lifeline are so close to what the Gel settings were, I left them as is. The Heart 25 is a 3 stage charger, and the requirements for charge were 13.5 to 14.4 volts which is within the specs for the lifeline.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Inverter Settings

Gary, my inverter settings are:

Left / no 1 Right / no 2

#1 off #1 off
    #2 on #2 on
    #3 on #3 on
    #4 on #4 on
    #5 on #5 on
    #6 on #6 on
    #7 off #7 off
    #8 on #8 off

are yours the same?

JIM

lewpopp Guest

About 2 months ago upon arriving here in Fl, I called Lifeline to see what the POG cost ov the 4ds would be and at that same time they informed me they had a price drop.

Enough of that, I found the closest place I could get the batteries was in Charlotte NC. shipping would be approx $150 or more and I would have to pay someone here several Lewbucks to put them in. I'm not beyond that, but the local rv mobile people don't even know what Lifeline is. Just the same, I have decided to pas thru Charlotte on the way home in May and have whomever they suggest put them in. I am seriously thinking og going from gel cell to AGM. I was told by Jon that if I had good service from the gel-cell to stay with them. I don't always do what I'm told, but if enough of you guys think the new owner would readily except either, well I may reconsider. (note: how I spelled reconsider, not reconcider) Here I go again, ADD setting in again.

sawdust_128 Guest

Gary:

Nice! Just curious. Would an engine hoist work or is the boom too short?

Louie,

I think your better off with AGM's, even Lifeline says the charging cycles of AGM are about twice what you get with Gel and that means they will last longer.