Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu Signups Feb. 13-15

Default Beer = LarryB

It is LarryB & Teddy from Walla Walla Washington!

Welcome to the both of you!
    Look forward to seeing you in LHC.

Quote Originally Posted by jello_jeep View Post
    "Beer" is actually someone's name who signed up at the resort. I am not sure who it is ?

But of course BEER is always welcome!

Wow! Beverly and I can't disappear for 2 days and you guys have this gathering completely organized. We're impressed.

Gary, will call you re the rib thing, great idea and offer. Harry and Dale, was thinking the same about a round table discussion. Looks like Saturday morning might be the right time. Ken Z was the first to brainstorm a tech discussion. Ken, will call you to eat some crow and coordinate for the visitor you suggested. Jeep, you're the man.

We're headed down I-5, destination points south, warm weather, and Havysue.

Brian, where are you on I-5? We are leaving Red Bluff in the AM, Bakersfield tommorow night. If your near by wave.

dalej Guest

Since our daughter was born on the 13th of February, we have made plans to have dinner with her and her husband in Phoenix.

We are planning on getting to the park around noon on Saturday. I had talked to Harry and said I would help him anyway he wanted but that we won't be there until noon.

DaleJ I had planned on polishing your bus on the 12th. Since the bus won't be there per my schedule you'll have to polish it yourself, sorry. My schedule will be tight the remainder of the time in Havasu doing all the dumb things you and Jeep have thought up for me to do.
    I did hope to find time for a little tech discussion to have any questions by the new members answered by some of our estute bus officinado's.
    Brian will provide some interesting theory's, Peter will shoot holes in Brians therory's, Steve Bennet will provide the only real true substance. Erion will provide an update on Hondas' entry into the bus market. Deinhard will get into your shorts with his all things electrical. Jurnek Mr. I done it myself will provide provide "how to post pictures on the POG web page. Clark will lecture us on how we should have unloaded our business before the crash. Zitter will move to adjourn to Margurita Hour. To all of the new POG members, please note nothing of substance will evolve at this fun meeting that would replace the real POG rally to be held in the Fall in Oaklahoma. Skiffer will be providing Converter Technicians and full discussions of our Bus operational needs. Send your topics you want discussed to him.
    Last edited by hhoppe; 01-24-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Harry has captured the spirit of the entire gathering and once again proven that all old guys haven't lost "it". We may however, have something of slight value to those of you who would listen very carefully. Harry, while I am usually a target for Peter, it's only because I'm convenient. All comers can expect to be derided and insulted equally in his presence. Dale, we will obviously need to conduct the techy thing on Saturday afternoon in order not to miss your midwestern "fix it with bailing wire" advice.

Larry, will miss you on the "5". We are currently in Napa/Sonoma visiting with friends and family. Will continue via 101 to Morro Bay and LA. Am scheduling for a normal service at Prevost Mira Loma around the 6th (estimated). PM or e-mail your cell or ours is listed on Dale's map.

Default Update list

Wayne Mullis, owner of Desert West Coach AZ, spoke to the Skiffer and wants to attend our little shin-dig, not in an official capacity, but to rub elbows and meet & talk and hang out.

Welcome Wayne.

Holm
    Esler
    Casson
    Zittrer
    Beer
    Erion
    Davis
    Deinhard
    Hoffman
    Queen
    Hoppe
    Bennett
    Juranek
    Tuls
    Hicks
    Clark
    Williams
    van Schoonhoven
    John (fly u)
    Becker
    Hoyum
    Mullis (Desert West Coach)

Default Lhc

Warren,just catching up on the up coming rally and also wanting to know if I can bring any steaks or tri-tip since I'am in the beef business. Just let me know or e-mail me or give me a call @ 559-901-6426 or 806-258-7261 the last # is the office my verison sometimes is a little out of range. Did you also mention that some guys wanting to golf? Look forward to the rally.

Hi Sid. Brian and I were talking about Beef Ribs. I'll call.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Fireworks

I emailed one of the board members for the Western Pyro Association asking about tickets and seating, here is his reply...

Warren,
    To answer your question in regards to Tickets. We do not sell tickets for the Public Display.
    Since you have been in the past it is still the same first come first seat. This year there will
    be two public displays. One on Sat and one on Sunday. Also Thursday night and Friday are
    going to also have some big things going on put on by the club members. This is our 20th
    Anniversary so it is going to be one you will not want to miss.
    I would say, you really need to get there early. The Lion's club will be charging for parking in the
    lot and once that lot is full there is no getting in. They are looking at it being full by 5 PM
    You may want to check with the Tourism Bureau
    in regards to parking. There is going to be alot of changes this year.
    In regards to all of you seating in the same spot..I say get there really early and stake your claim.
    Hope your group enjoys the event. This is going to be one for the History Books.
    Mike

So apparently the seating is free, we might need some "volunteers" to go in real early and "stake our claim" ... Last I saw it done, this involved laying out blankets or whatever on the bleachers, but usually need to leave a person or two there to eyeball it.

We might need volunteers for that.

His estimate of parking full at five is very conservative. We should all be there by three at the latest, and I have asked him what time is the earliest the grounds are open to "stake claims".

I guess is worse comes to worse, if you are within half a mile, its still going to be a great show!

*****NOTE, we are planning on going Sunday night********
    Last edited by jello_jeep; 01-28-2009 at 08:00 PM.