Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu Signups Feb. 13-15

Default Havasu Signups Feb. 13-15

Based on the interest shown in the "Leftcoasters" thread, we are pressing ahead for a POG gathering at the Havasu RV Resort, http://www.havasurvresort.com on the weekend of February 13-15. At the present time the resort has plenty of space in their Phase 3 area so when making reservations make sure and specify you would like to be located in that area.

As far as rates are concerned, the regular daily rate is $54.96 per night including tax and electric. Make reservations for this rate at 877-407-2020. For those who might want to consider looking at the Resort as a lot investment possibility, Jello Jeep has arranged with Michelle Dawson the sales manager at the resort for us to partake of their free 5 day offer in exchange for a short sales presentation. Space is limited to 7 reservations for this option so the early bird gets the worm. E-mail Michelle: mdawson@havasuresort.com, identify yourself as a POG member and include the following:

First Names:
    Last Name:
    Date of Arrival: February 13th
    Mailing Address:
    Cell Phone:
    Pets: (limit 2 per RV)
    Year of RV (No more than 10 yrs old):
    Length of RV (no less than 25 ft):

Michelle will confirm your reservation via return e-mail. Any questions you can call her at 888-297-8568.

I've taken the liberty to edit Jeep's post on the other thread that describes the activities we might enjoy. Hope to see a nice turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by jello_jeep View Post
    Monday the sixteenth of February 2009 is President's Day.

And traditionally on that weekend the Western Pyrotechnic Association holds it's annual Winterblast celebration.

http://www.westernpyro.org/index.php

I used to be a member but don't have enough time to do all anymore, so I just go and watch. Usually the big public display is on Sunday night as I recall. This is a fireworks show elite for sure. It is held at Sara Park which is on hwy 95 on the South end of town (gun club here too).

You can pay to go into the stands (best view) or sit out in the desert for free (for the cheap'os ) LOL...

There are so many people that sometimes they shut down hwy 95 at show time to avoid people crashing from watching the fireworks when they drive!

Other things to do there are,,, JEEPING, boating on the river, sightseeing the London Bridge area, geocaching (Kenny Z is an expert), road trip to Laughlin/Bullhead City for gambling (don't tell Dee Clark, we won't see her at all). I suppose you could run to the Grand Canyon if you had a mind to, field trip to Quartzite, fishing, Its about 2 hours to Vega$ if that floats your boat.
    Last edited by BrianE; 12-08-2008 at 04:29 PM.

Norm & Doreen Casson signed up with Michelle today arriving Thursday the 12th and leaving Monday the 16th. The next weekend is the NHRA race in Phoenix (Feb 20-22) so I might take the coach to the races early and drive home for a few days then return.

I'm in I think, haven't heard back from Michelle.

The Erion's are in, can't wait to see some fire in the sky, not in the trees near our house!

Default Havasu stuff

For what its worth, LHC in Feb could be anything from mild days, cool evenings.. To cold days really cold evenings & wind..

So plan on having both warm & cold weather gear, the latter especially for fireworks night!

If you are into shooting, bring your favorite guns. We drive down the road from the resort and go "plinking", no rock, can, or bottle is safe, and copious supplies of ammo are required.

There is a formal range out by Sara park, not sure what days it is open but can look into it if there is someone who wants to know.

This should be fun!

Default Freebies

Spoke with Michelle today, and I guess she has been getting more than a few calls

She said that the max number of "tour" slots had already been taken, but with some persuasion she has agreed to try and take as many as call as opposed to the 7 limit.

She is going above and beyond the call for us here! Thats why I like the girl, just down home nice folk.

I have booked the clubhouse for 2/14/09 in the evening for a fiesta/bbq/feed/whatever. I guessed it at 25 people or so. It doesn't mean we have exclusive use, ie other owners could still walk through or whatever but we will be able to use the kitchen. I haven't had a problem with it before. I am sure we will have a hoot.

I heard an UNcofirmed rumor that if we get 12 coaches, Jim Skiff is going to fly out and party with us ! Should he choose to do so, we will see if Lobster Boy can shoot

Jeep,

I haven't had much luck with your girlfriend. e-mail Sunday, e-mail Monday and a phone call today with no call back. I don't know if I'm in or out!

Default In

Truk. You are safe!

I got confirmation this morning from Michelle. Now Warren, what is the 90 minute arm twisting like?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Gary get some "stink tablets" from any local trick shop and bust them open a couple of minutes into the presentation. I guarantee it will clear the room