Thread: Need New Dash Panel

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Need New Dash Panel

Does anyone out there have experience with or live near:

Custom Instrument Panels
    21203 S. Figueroa Street
    Carson, California 90745

(310) 515-4974

I need a replacement "Entertainment" panel for my 1991 Country Coach. I've tried communicating with CC about getting a copy of the technical drawing. No response (Miles Circo are you there?). CIP says the panel I have is not a Prevost standard panel so I would need to send them the old panel to use as a template. I'm way beyond a lot leary about sending off a panel to California to be used as a template.

Any comments would be appreciated. No I don't have the time, talent, or tools to build my own right now.

Thanks

Help me understand exactly what you need since I am unfamiliar with what you have on your bus. A picture or a more detailed desciption would be great as well as the coach number.

Once I have that, I can get started on getting to the right person who worked on that coach.

Miles

Miles & Laura Circo
    2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S

I am about 30 miles away, call me and I will see what I can do. 714-342-8588

lewpopp Guest

I had some business with the Custom Instrument Panels and was very happy with their work. Now remember, this was at least 15 yrs ago with another brand coach.

Mac McNeal owned it then and has perhaps gotten out of the business.

He does them all.

I doubt they would have the gadgets you have stated that are burnt out to replace what you hav, but who knows today.

Default Thanks Lew

Lew,

That is good news to hear. The name I have to call is in fact a Mac McNeal. The sample piece of material was sent to me by a Shirley McNeal.

I am feeling better now about going forward with the replacement of this panel. Now if I could just get Carole to go for something other than basic black!

Later ...

Default I'll Call You

Kevin,

Thanks for the offer. I'll call you this evening around 2000 hours (Eastern Time).

Hope all has gone well for you this summer. Sure wish things had worked out for a mini POG meet while you were going through the area. Maybe there will be another opportunity in 2009.

Later ...

As I remember, this company specialized in dashboards for the old GMC motorhomes (74-78). I've seen some of the dashes he's done, and they are really nice.

Gauges and stuff for Prevost may be an issue however, but if you simply want to remove your existing gauges and put inside a new dash panel, that would be fairly straight forward.

You might not need to send in your current dash face, but instead, remove it, and trace it out for them?

Ray

lewpopp Guest

Mac McNeal expanded from the GMC into other coaches, especially the busses. You might be surprized what the "brother" has.