Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Over Michelins excessive cost

The oil futures sure do not show that...look out 6 months. Supply side economics, and greed......it will go up but you will have worn through your new Michelins by then

Yankee802 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jelmore View Post
    As far as price goes, we bought 6 XZA1 Michelins at $617 last year in Dallas at TCI. That was tough. This year we needed another and it was $382 in Tulsa at T&W (headquartered in Dallas). Go figure.

I think the XZA1 load range is L.
    $617 each or for all 6? I'm assuming each, because if it were for all 6, I'd buy them now even though I have nowhere to store them, or just replace mine ahead of schedule.

Being I'll be spending $5k on repairs to my car, that takes a huge chunk out of my coach tire budget, so I'll be watching this thread pretty close.

How much are the "Double Coins" going for now? Would someone provide a source for them?

Geoff
    Last edited by Yankee802; 12-03-2008 at 12:12 PM.

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee802 View Post
    $617 each or for all 6?
    I was the newbie that paid that for each. They said I was getting a really good deal. I'll believe anything.

Yankee802 Guest

Ouch! That must have hurt.

That was the price a while back. With the economy being what it is we can hope they might come down, but as long as the government is keeping the money printing presses cranked up I'm reasonably certain that inflation is going to kick in so to put a new set on a bus is going to be at least $5,000.

But for Geoff (Yankee) he likely has 12.00 22.5 tires and they are less expensive than the 315s.

How come nobody with 365 tires are telling us about the deals they are getting?

Jim,

More info on the my toyo tires which are M111Z's.

Specifications:

http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/30182.pdf

Tire Pressure Chart

http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/tbrdata.pdf
    tire pressure page 37

$1355 for 2. Mounted, Equal, Taxes, disposal, switching steers for tags, etc. Unfortunately I don't have a price breakdown. (I think they were $522 each just for the tire).

Mike
    Last edited by MangoMike; 12-03-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Mike,

Ddi you installed them on H3 or XL ?

Alek

Alek they went on the H3.

Mike

Jim and Linda,

dont feel bad. You did fine. I just recently paid $700 each for six 315-22.5 XZA2's in Florida and that was with a generous discount.

They sure ride better than the GoodYear's I was running.

Mike

Everybody that gets a new set of tires always gets a better ride than the set removed.

If I had a set of 5 or 6 year Michelins and mounted a new set of Goodyears I would be tempted to post how great the Goodyears ride compared to Michelin. The reality is that as tires age they harden. You never realize it because the change takes place over years. But when you take off an old set and replace them with new you sense immediately the difference.

The only way to judge the ride or feel of different tires is to use all brand new sets and compare them one right after another. My bet is there is very little difference between tires designed for the same applications.