Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Over Michelins excessive cost

Jon,

Interesting. We found our new Michelins Energy's we put on four years ago rode more firm/stiffer than the Michelin Pilotes we took off.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

I have not priced tires in a while but with all commodities dropping in price, I am wondering if tires will also. In my industry we are starting to see some great price reductions in copper wire which was twice as much per thousand just 3-4 months ago. Copper wire, with the thermal plastic cover, follows oil and copper futures, which have dropped significantly.
    Last edited by garyde; 12-04-2008 at 11:28 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
    Jon,

Interesting. We found our new Michelins Energy's we put on four years ago rode more firm/stiffer than the Michelin Pilotes we took off.
    And that could be attributable to tire design. I have had an improvement in ride quality going from old Michelins to new using the exact same tire, but also when replacing Michelins with the Double Coin. The difference was distinct. Maybe Roger can chime in and see if he noticed the difference also.

I have had cars with old tires, but good tread left that started making road noise. When I replaced the old tires with new, not only did the road noise diminish, but the ride was improved.

Hello Jon,

I know you are not going to like this, but here goes anyway.

I am in love with my Michelin 365 steer upgrade. When I made the purchase for the Michelin steer 365 upgrade it came with the promise that Prevost would engineer a way for the 365's to be placed on the tags as well. This required having new studs (longer) approved and a method to keep the wider tires away from the air bags. I now have the 365's on the tags and the steer with 315's on the drive,.

I am truly impressed by the ride. there is no doubt in my mind (I will not allow it anyway) that the wider profile, lower air pressure makes a big difference.

I also believe that the added tread depth will improve tread life and have been assured that with Greyhounds commitment to 365's that the Michelin will start to increase their production in Spain to accommodate the demand.

PS> I am now the Michelin 365 dealer for South Fl. Just kidding
    Last edited by 0533; 12-05-2008 at 08:54 AM.