Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dash Crash

Default copy of request sent to CC

Hi Tech Support

I sent this Sunday but I have some updates:

I pulled the dash to see if there was a loose wire- which there is – I would like to know where this wire goes. (picture1 & 2) ( it may have come loose when I pulled the dash out?)

Apparently this is not the problem because the previous owner suggested to me today to check the fuses in the locked door where the computer is- I did this and found the middle fuse to be blown. I replaced it and the dash came to life when I turned the ing key – BUT – the dash went out again in about 30-40 seconds. The same fuse was blown. ( picture 3 )

Please call me at 423-321-2380.

I would like to thank you in advance for your help.

James Bradford
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Jamie, If you don't get a response from Country Coach contact Miles Circo on this site. He has contacts at Country Coach and is very knowledgeable. He recently had a post with his phone # for anyone needing his help.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jamie, if the tech support guys don't come thru let me know. I have a couple of good contacts in engineering and manufacturing at Country Coach who are familiar with the Prevost Conversions. Feel free to e-mail me at mcirco@hughes.net

Miles & Laura Circo
    2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S

Default Phone Tag %#$@

I checked the outputs Wednesday with my electrician & we figured the loose wire was the culprit. CC guy has been helpful but tells me they have no schematic for this part as it came to them as a plug in part, SO.... he has tried to contact Computer Dynamics , as have I , but no response yet

Just wondering........... If anyone has the same dash & vintage coach as I would the pins not be the same since they came in as a plug in part??

If anyone could look I would appreciate it.

Here are some pics of what my setupo looks like.

Thanks

Jamie
    Attached Images Attached Images

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Jamie,

Jim, Dale and Denny have 99's and they are probably the same. Hopefully one of those guys can pull his dash (being very careful) and match up the plug and loose wire for you. Although at Mobile, Dales didn't have the board with the fuses located in the console, so there may be some differences.

I know its probably been asked, but where else would the white wire terminate if not in the red block? If the white wire goes back to the sreen, I don't see any reason why it would be of harm to plug it in and give it a shot.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Jamie, I took my laptop with me and pulled the dash from the velcro to compare mine with the pictures you have posted. My configuration does not look like yours. My Bus is a 99 but the shell is a 98. I noticed several other differences in the two Coaches when I looked at your's when Tom had it. Sorry, I tried.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jamie,

I cant tell you where the wire goes, but I can tell you that if its a stripped (no insulation on the end) wire, it most likely pulled out of a crimped pin in one of the connectors within range. Look closely at each pin connector inside the plastic and you should see one pin that has been crimped down but has no wire. That would be your baby. Seldom do they put two wires into one connector, and if they had, the second would probably also be loose now. It is possible that the pin was never crimped but not likely after this many years and that many miles of bouncing down the road. Look for the pin that has been crimped but is empty.

You might want to measure the voltage on that wire to ground just to see what is present as well. Anything from +5VDC to +24VDC means its feeding the panel. No voltage present could mean a return line and you can look for a pin with voltage present and nothing connected.

Good luck, Wish I was there to help...

Mike

Default Dash Crash Hell

This is begining to resemble the JFK assassination. Each time I think I have figured something out the plot thickens......

It seems I am dealing with CC and TWO parts suppliers on a computer that was probably outdated when the bus was built. I have gone to the supplier"s websites to find drawings - but they are not there.. Newer ones are though.

I called Buddy Greg in Knoxville & they thought they had drawings but no word yet.( the guy there said these systems are doomed to "expire" and that a replacement was 15k)

All I need to know( I think) is where the loose wire goes. I do not want to play " plug & see "......yet.

So....... If anyone has a Sharp display screen(pn LQ10D344) on a Computer Dynamics SBC P54 computer system going to a Computer Dynamics Dimverter
    (pn MT201833) made by Endicott Research Group (pn E1785 ) and you are able to see how the pins plug into the dimverter coming from upper cable (on the passenger side of the bus ) of the display ---- Please let me know.

Thanks

Jamie

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Jamie, I thought Mike's suggestions were really good. Any luck on that approach ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty