Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bus Tags (License Plates)

You guys have better eyes than me. A bus going the opposite way on the interstate needs more than a POG sticker for me to recognize.

So here is my suggestion............Since most of us have those roof mounted Satellites of domes, I suggest we paint them some distinctive color like this so we could identify another POG member.

Just to head off any debate, that color is not volunteer orange or Ohio State (oops, I meant OSU the other Ohio state) color. It is just plain orange, although a bright yellow, or fluorescent green would work just as well.

Hell, if it was bright yellow I would paint a happy face on mine.

I'm going out on a limb here. I am thinking that as long as a bus has a value above mid six figures the owners may be a tad bit reluctant to distract attention from the marvelous paint and design, but for us folks who aren't afraid to stand out from the crowd we may just set a trend.

I'd even be willing to light it up at night.

Depending on how many domes Roger smashes per month, he may want to opt out of the program, unless he can spray the color on himself.

Leave it to you, Jon, to come up with the perfect solution. Maybe the Prouds will follow our lead and paint all theirs black to match their tuxedos. Those of us who belong to both organizations could paint concentric black and yellow circles.

Bonnie

We could really get creative and take a set of fan blades off the old Casablanca ceiling fan, and set them on top of the satellite dome so they spin slowly while we drive. Then it will look like the bus has a beanie on the roof.

No sense getting too serious. These are supposed to be RECREATION vehicles, right?

Question Then What

So if your traveling East lets say and another is traveling west on the interstate, even if you recognize a fellow POGer what then?

Do you both make U turns through the median and wave going the other way.

I go for the painted dome with a light on top

JIM

There was a time when there were so few that those of us in the PP would recognize one another and flash the lights and wave.

At the time the entertainers had Eagle coaches or MCI. Now it seems that Prevost has all the entertainer business so until we are almost on top of one another we don't know if the oncoming Prevost is a motorhome or an entertainer coach.

I'm leaning towards a lighted beanie for the roof.

Petervs Guest

Well, just for clarity here is a picture of Brian's old coach with the official sticker logo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Petervs Guest

It has happened in the past that pranksters have adjusted the wording of the sticker. It could only happen on a Liberty!

The problem with these stickers is they are too small to see while driving in the opposite direction. Rather than defacing the paint job as has been suggested, I think we should trail streamers of toilet paper or magnetic tape from the rear roof top. Be sure not to exceed 65 feet overall length. And at night we can use rope lights. Now we can easily see each other as we drive, and it can all be retracted with a girard awning type device so it looks good when parked too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Another Alternative to consider.

OK, I've spent some time going through these posts. I'll admit my eyesight isn't what it used to be. I'm now 20 - 20 when just a couple years ago I was 20 - 10. I agree that recognizing the POG sign, which just happens to be the same shape and size as numerous other "destination" locations, while going 62.5 mph in opposite directions is visually challenging.

After due consideration I have come up with an alternate suggestion which would unequivicably leave no doubt a fellow POGger was passing by. OK, now I don't want to precipitate a mad rush to a retail or wholesale outlet by our total membership so I suggest a schedule be compiled and complied with for installation of a unique to this group "hood ornament." You know like Mack has their doggie, and Pontiac used to have the Indian Chief, Plymouth used to have there sailing ship and so on. Well the ideal "hood ornament" for this group would be an Acme Products blow up sheep strapped to the front of the bus! Maybe we could go one better and use only the head and shoulders for front of the bus and then the rest could be affixed to the engine bay doors. That way if you were not sure of what you thought you saw approaching you could confirm after passing!

Jdub, can you quote a single unit and bulk price as well as one for the half assed alternative so we can get this identification method implemented?
    Last edited by Will Garner; 12-01-2008 at 07:48 PM.