Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bus Tags (License Plates)

Default Bus Tags (License Plates)

Is there already or is anyone interested in creating a list of license plates so we can spot another POG member on the road? Whenever we pass a Prevost, whether we're in the bus or another vehicle, I always wonder if there are POG members aboard. I saw something about creating a POG logo to place on the buses but don't know that anything has been done about that either. Since we're such a friendly group, it would be nice to be able to recognize each other on the road.

Bonnie

I agree. Seems a good idea.

Bonnie,

There is a POG logo that is available at this time. Many busses have it on them, but it is hard to spot at times.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

POG has a nice sticker you can attach , Jim Skiff has them.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I keep my bus as clean as the day it was delivered to the first owner, that is except the license plate plastic cover, which I add dirt to each time I clean the bus. I have artfully made the license plate plastic cover look somewhere between a smokey brown to dirt bike brown in color with a little drizzle of grey.

The few times that I have made mistakes, like heading down a toll road in Dallas that only allows Easy Pass, it is difficult to pay tolls when no one is in the window and there is no way to pay, but there is a camera.

Also when you are stealing $700 in diesel in Canada. The only place I want my plate to be seen is in Missoula Mt.

I do however feel that it is a great idea to be able to know who is a POG member when passing each other on the highway.

It can be difficult to see and read plates and even a POG sticker from a distance especially as we are approaching each other in opposite lanes at 70 MPH.

The sticker would or should be placed in 2 positions, front and back, and in the same place.

I have had a few POG members recognize my Portlights (Port Holes)and the glare of my stainless but I have been unable to recognize them. I really like the idea.

How about switching to an agreed CB channel when passing so each of us can say hello??? I am not a big CB user but something that is or can become a standard.

I had been thinking about an idea, you all might consider it a little over the top, but it is not all that complicated to do and would be lots of fun to watch.

How about each of us installing a GPS with a signal (Lojack) that transmits to a central location, that is then placed on a website (POG) and displayed on a Google Earth (3D) Mapview in real time. Each POG member could go to Google earth (Only POG members could see this, not the general public) and see exactly where another member is, each GPS signal would have an ID. Just like trucker do it, the Google Earth map would be like the truckers dispatchers map. I use these tools now on one of my websites. My programmers are introducing in the coming days real time Google Earth 3D GPS navigation for boaters, why not for POGGERS. It could offer lots of interesting benefits. Unless of course you do not want to be seen doing whatever whenever. It would not be like being in Vegas for sure, but could be very useful.

I would be willing to look into this idea if anyone has an interest. I have to believe it is not rocket science.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Other than channel 9, that coincidentally, CAN be used for chat just so long as you give way and brake for an emergency, usually the next quiet frequency is 39 because it is completely at the other end of the spectrum from channel 19 and will have the least bleedover from the truckers.

Personally I prefer to use channel 9. It is very quiet and if someone needs help I can assist.

Every now and then I will get a grump telling be where I belong and I courtiously suggest that I am monitoring for emergencies.

So thats my 2 cents

I was of the understanding that channel 13 was set aside for RV use.

Larry

Petervs Guest

Marathon promotes using channel 27 ( as in the length of a marathon footrace in miles) for owners to connect with each other. POG could use 28 ( our group is just a little better than theirs)!

The POG stikers are available from Skiffer. They are plenty visable. I have one in front on the window in front of the dash area on the drivers side. One in the rear on the left side of the bumper. They are plenty visable, just hard to get. We don't need larger ones.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

That away Harry. I put mine on the rear, left bumper as well. Sounds like this should be the new standard. I can almost see yours from here..