Thread: City Water

Default City Water

What is the trick to pressurizing water system using a city water connection.If I turn the pump off, the water pressure is minimal.I have tried leaving the fresh water fill button engaged but it trips off once the tank is filled...thoughts?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Gran,

That depends upon how your converter plumbed the coach.

On our coach the city water connection splits just above where I connect the hose. One line goes to the solenoid valve that controls flow of water to the holding tank. The second line connects to the bus water system immediately downstream from the pump and when the manual valve is open, and the solenoid valve to the holding tank is closed my bus water system is pressurized by and receives city water.

Having said that, I prefer to use the bus system and pump because that was sized to deliver the flow to the toilet and other fixtures. City water pressures and flows vary so I cannot always feel comfortable relying on city water due to either low pressure or excessive pressure.

If your city water supply is not delivering the flow you want or need, make sure it has sufficient pressure and flow rates. Then check your system to verify you do not have any restrictions such as a stuck check valve, a flow regulator restricting the flow, or a valve not fully open.

We also use the water pump for optimal pressure. And, I'm assured that the fresh water in the holding tank is constantly being circulated and replaced with the auto fill valve.

Just a thought, but you might also double check the condition of any and all water filters and water conditioners. Our coach has several and I'm sure that city water pressure alone will be diminished if they are due for service.

Thanks for the suggestions, I was worried that use of the pump might cause excessive wear.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

It's mechanical, and use often imposes some wear. But unless it is those little ones like Camping World has normal use should not appreciably shorten its life.

The CW pumps are rather inexpensive so even if someone has them there is no real expensive downside to wearing them out.