Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello POG!

Default Welcome

Welcome Tom and Karen: This is the best value under the sun and moon for 100 lew bucks. Guaranteed to save you more money than you can shake a stick at and have fun at the same time.

We are just over the big hill (Sams Gap) from Weaverville -13 miles off I-26 at the Gray exit in Blountville, Tn.

Truk4u made mention of our VIP menbers Lew & Kathy Poppleton and Paul & Janice Horner at Port St Lucie, I wanted to let you know of two more very important Members & residents Ed & Donna Saylor, and Pat & Betty Peck.

There could be more -POG is everywhere- you can do that with wheels.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default True Confessions

OK, so it's time to 'fess up. Tom and Karin are our neighbors here at Outdoor Resorts.

A couple of weeks ago, Millennium Coach brought in 2 new coaches and held a small "open house BBQ" and the owners and guests here were invited to tour the busses and enjoy the lunch.

Tom and Karin took out one of the new beauties for a test drive. While we were talking about their experience, I suggested that if they were really considering a Prevost, that joining POG would be a great way to learn about them and provide them with some background info that would be good to have during the "shopping" process.

Looks like they took the bait....er advice

Glad to have them aboard. They're great folks.

Welcome Karin and Tom.

JIM

tomklau Guest

Well, Kathy....I'm thinking a "Tarhell" is some sort of biker or something!

Glad to see you two are POG's! I'll be expecting my grand welcome any day now!

Karin

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default What's a Tarheel?

Lew,

Is this a trick question or what? A Tarhell is someone that hails from North Carolina. Before you ask another question, we believe there is only one Carolina too!

The name has something to do with the Civil War. The North Carolina troops did not have adequate shoes so they coated their feet with pitch pine sap. General Robert E. Lee said it made them "stick" in battle. Or something like that.

Good to see you popping (hope I spelled that right) up on some posts. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Unhappy Hunt and Pecker

OK, now that I have gone back and read my earlier post I see why there is a question. I am only as good a typist as 95% of the secretary receptionists in the Clinton Administration. Tarhell SHOULD have been Tarheel. I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks for pointing that out Lew.

lewpopp Guest

Will, I forget, who won that war?

I won the spelling bee.

lewpopp Guest

Default Member w/new coach

One of our members just purchased a new Millenium and will return to PSL on or about Jan 7. Tom and Karen Klaus. Congratulations. All it takes to get a new coach is to belong to POG for a month or two.

Tom has a major problem already. He can't get Karen to relinquish the drivers seat.

Default re: tarheel

i believe the term tarhell was used to describe the soldiers from north carolina...legend has it they was such tough fighters, they would hold their ground and seldom, if ever, retreat...almost as if they has TAR on the heels of their feet to allow them to stick to the ground and never go backwards...cheers, shookie and BEST OF HOLIDAY WISHES TO MY FELLOW POGGERS....

Talking

Glad to hear there's another POGette who likes to drive. I'm behind the wheel as much as Donald except when the coach needs to go backwards with the trailer attached.
    Bonnie