Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Entry Lights

Default Entry Lights

The steps on our entry way are lined with, dare I say it, what look like LED lights in some kind of plastic rope looking thing.

My wife weighs about 300 pounds and I think her big honkin feet have snuffed out some of these lights and now several of them are dead and now our entry looks like we are from Baja Oklahoma.

I have seen lots of coaches with these same lights (a Liberty must have 100' of them), so has anyone replaced these lights and if so where do you get them and how hard are they to replace?

dalej Guest

We had a couple of lights burned out when we bought our coach. So I had to replace a few. We had taken some of the rope lighting out around the kitchen when we tiled the back splash so now we have a section of spare bulbs. If you can't find any replacement bulbs let me know how many I can send down south.

Replacing them isn't hard, you have to find the end and un-hook that section and pull the bulbs all out. They are soldered to bare wires so just unsolded the bad one and replace with another bulb.

Let me know if you have any questions.

They are called (by Liberty) Tivoli lighting. I call them rope lights.

I think you can buy them in lengths, but never really checked into it. The ones in our Liberty were a rigid plastic as opposed to the flexible rope lights you can get at Lowes or Home Depot. I don't think they are LEDs.

I'll bet you can find them in a search on the internet or by calling a converter.

I'm surprised you aren't doing step lighting like Mango is doing with his Martini bar, with lights buried in the surface of the steps so they glow. He did his with fiber optics and other engineering marvels.

Jerry,

Home Depot has the flexible rope lighting for about $20, my guess it's the same bulbs as used in Liberty's hard plastic Tivolis. And for $20 it's worth a shot.

Or try these guys as I've used them in the past for a lot of lighting.

www.actionlighting.com.

Mrs. Mango wasn't happy about your comment about Rae's poundage and is searching for her email address - just a heads up.

Mike

lewpopp Guest

If I'm not mistaken, I think they are 12v. I jut finished my entrance and the rope lites and it's neat. I would like the automatic switch in the front wall of the entrance to work but I guess I need a new one. It's in a very percarious location. Where are the switches available?

lewpopp Guest

If I'm not mistaken, I think they are 12v. I jut finished my entrance and the rope lites and it's neat. I would like the automatic switch in the front wall of the entrance to work but I guess I need a new one. It's in a very percarious location. Where are the switches available?

I was told at Parliament the wires in the flexible rope are coated. I was wondering how the current was carried the way it lok as though there was no insulation. Rather than solder new lites in where the old ones are out, I would buy a piece and replace them en whole.

Default light stomper

JDUB: It ain't Rae- It's probably your big "A" that busted them (insert laugh here) and and since its been 18 days plus since the leans, it is probably a similar situation -(affirmative nod here) you gave that Royale a rest. Yea - those lamb fries or showing up!
    Sams has got rolls of rope lite for 18.00 lew bucks Time to bling the outside of the coach - Taco Bell?
    Roger that

To prove I am suffering from old timers disease I went and looked at the coach today. Damned if it doesn't have the lighting under the nose of each step when you open the door.

Never paid attention. I wonder what else that sucker has that I never knew or noticed.

There are severaldozen companies making those lamps. If you can remove one or several, and take them to an Electrical Wholesale house like CES or CED, they can get you as many as you want. If you can tell them if they are 12 volt or 24 volt that will be helpful. Gary

lewpopp Guest

Bull, Jon.....You had them just installed for the bling contest and you let it out of the bag.