Thread: Roads to Payson?

Default Roads to Payson?

Hanging out in the Grand Canyon today on this rare day off. Spectacular! Never been here before. Headed to Payson for concerts tomorrow. My plan, unless somebody tells me not to, is to head down to Flagstaff tonight and dry camp at Walmart or Target. Then, to head out tomorrow AM heading south on I-17, exit 287 onto AZ-260 and take that into Payson. It seems there are no good roads from I-40 to Payson. So I just wanted to check that plan out with all you 45 footers out there. Need to be to Payson by 12:00 for a sound check.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam, there is a Sam's Club next to the Walmart in Flagstaff. As you may know they don't get deliveries all night long like Walmart does. Park over by the Sam's. The Jake is working now, right? Gets a little steep the first 40 or 50 miles heading South out of Flagstaff. Have fun!!

Adam, just to let you know that the Walmart in Flagstaff does't allow overneat parking.I've stay at Black Barts it's 45' friendly. I believe it's in the big rig Book. Safe Travels

Adam,
    You route is correct. 17 to 260 has huge long downhill.
    Your turn onto 260 is at Camp Verde.