Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awnings

Yankee802 Guest

I am perfectly good with manual awnings, and I think I'll go with ZipDee, if/when I can find a reputable installer, and the budget allows.

Jon: I guess just like a spotlight, mine also didn't come with awnings, guess it was an option after mine.

If I can remember correctly there were a lot of things we take for granted on coaches today that were not found on all coaches, if any. Our 1987 coach was heavily optioned and it only had an awning on the patio side. We later added awnings over all other windows.

Nobody had a satellite. And when they did become more common they we only used when the coach was parked.

The only washers, if equipped with one at all were the Splendide combinations.

I don't believe at the time any coaches came with an automatic transfer switch or combination inverter/chargers as we know them. All batteries were lead acid, and gel cell were first being introduced only in the early 90s.

Side windows had sliders for the openings and the awning style came out later. We could drive down the road with the sliders open. We cannot with awning windows. Most coaches had multiple roof vents, none of which closed automatically when it rained.

There was no ABS and all brakes were drum.

Default Good Ole Days?

Drivers used to be hired and wore a bus driver hat, I have been training Micki to drive but she won't wear the hat.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Talking

Roger they used to wear a vest too, maybe she would go for that!

JIM

Can the ZipDee air/electric awning be USED in manual mode? Is there that provision? If the auto is not working are you stuck with what position the awning is in?

Thanks, Larry

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LarryB View Post
    Can the ZipDee air/electric awning be USED in manual mode? Is there that provision? If the auto is not working are you stuck with what position the awning is in?
    Don't think so. They have arms that extended with air from its own compressor. You can roll it up in a pinch if your motor fails.

I am selling all 4 of my awnings of my marathon Prevost h340 if your interested