Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jake break? Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jimshoen View Post
    Adam,
    I can confirm what the Prevost Rep told you. I had the exact same issue and screwed around flipping the throttle position sensor by hand. Get the new part and install it. It only takes a few long grades with no Jake to make someone a believer. What is happening is that the Jake will not come on until the computer is positive you are not on the gas pedal. The failure is the throttle position sensor is not coming all the way off. Simple to fix.
    Jim, I don't know why I didn't just call you first. I mean, it seems that every problem that crops up for me, you have already dealt with and fixed. Buddy, when am I going to be able to start helping you out?!

Better watch out... with seven kids, I might start calling you for parenting advice too. (Especially since your kids are so great!)

Thanks for the encouragement. I ordered the part and will install it on Thursday.

Thanks!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    Adam: Just curious if your bus is equipped with a Pro Driver? and if so did it indicate a TPS failure? Or it just hasn't failed completely yet?

I once had a failure of the TPS and for such a tiny gizmo, it stopped us from our merry way.

This too should probably be added to the list of items that can shut you down. You can start the engine but it will not accelerate therefore - no go.
    Yes, I have Pro Driver. And no, it did not indicate any sort of Failure. However, I called the previous owner of the coach, and interestingly enough, about a year ago, he had gotten a tps failure code. So, he replaced the tps. He never noticed that the jake, or anything relating to the tps wasn't working. But the code said to replace the tps and he did. Here I am a year later with massive tps symptoms, but no code. I'd say the whole thing is a little strange. And, as Jim mentioned, going down a big mountain without a Jake is a problem. But an even bigger problem is going down a big mountain and thinking you have your Jake on and working, only to find yourself accelerating towards 80 and needing to slow down. Let's just say that one might not only leave skid marks on the road.

~A

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Adam your last post made me cringe. Don't do stuff like that.
    Even if I were familiar with that piece of road and was jakeless I would have done it slower. Never having done it you never know what is around the next bend.

Adam,

I like the pun. Jake "break" for a broken Jake brake. Nice. Keep up the good work. When is the tour coming to Houston?

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Adam,
    I may have fixed a lot things, but you are the King of driving the Beast.

Default March 21, 2009 7:30pm Lake Livingston

Loc, Adam and his group are only getting as close as Lake Livingston.

His concert is on March 21, 2009 7:30pm according to his web site.

Peg and I hope to be there to see his show.

http://www.pianafiddle.com/calendar.html

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Adam,

I like the pun. Jake "break" for a broken Jake brake. Nice. Keep up the good work. When is the tour coming to Houston?

Loc
    Oh, I'm so happy. My quest for coming up with witty, creative, and eye-catching titles is not falling on deaf ears.

Yea, we are playing in Livingston. Also playing in Palestine. They like us there. We were just there last year and they wanted us back. Nice big civic center to fill up with people. Over 1000 seats if I remember correctly. And plenty of bus parking in their massive lot. So come on down. I'm sure we can all camp in their lot. In fact, I think that show is on a Sunday afternoon, which means Sunday dinner at a really nice Mexican joint near the hall. Mmmmm, fresh made flour tortillas. Gotta love central Texas!

~Adam

Hey Adam, where in Livingston, TX is your concert?

Is there plenty of bus parking there too? That is closer to Houston, and is on a Saturday night, which is great for Peg, YOU Know, her working all the time. Her working really gets in the way of doing fun stuff

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Peggy Stevens View Post
    Hey Adam, where in Livingston, TX is your concert?

Is there plenty of bus parking there too? That is closer to Houston, and is on a Saturday night, which is great for Peg, YOU Know, her working all the time. Her working really gets in the way of doing fun stuff

Gary S.
    I think it is at the high school performing arts building? Maybe not the most exotic venue we've ever played, but parking should be good:-)

See you there... if not before. Please email me with your ticket order about a week or so before the show so we can leave the correct amount of tickets at the door for you.

Adam

Smile Axle Weight ???

Jean & I are searching for Buster 2.

We are looking at a 2000 H single slide. I asked for the weights on the three axles. Front. Actual 18,940 vs. 16,500 rated.Actual total 53,180...rated 52,060. Drive and tag were below rated.

Is the overage a game stopper. It was posted on here you could get a ticket if over and your insurance would be void if you ever had an accident.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.