Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ABS Brake Dash Light

Default ABS Brake Dash Light

I am getting an ABS idiot light on my dash. It is supposed to go out after you reach 4 MPH but it does not. I think it is a connection as it is not happening every time I drive off. Any ideas where I should look for a sensor or connection ??

Bruce,

I haven't done this but I think there is a way for you to flash the ABS codes. I scanned my ABS system book once and saw there is a way to read the code.

FWIW mine will stay on if it has been damp or raining just before I drive. The next time I turn the bus off after driving a while and then restart the bus it will go out. I have never bothered to check why it is doing that because when I get to a place where I can mess with it, it is usually not lit.

I have experienced this as well. I read my codes, nothing ABS related. Is there a sensor or fuse? Wires leads etc???

Bruce,
    On that year they had problems with the sensors in the rear end. They have to remove the ring and pinion to replace the sensors. It gets little costly to fix!

What is a ring and Pinion, remember you are speaking to a regular citizen here. I am heading to Prevost for my Tag tire upgrade and a few odds and ends should I have them look at this or live with it??

Bruce,

I have experienced the same problem with the ABS light coming on & off when it is raining or high humidity. It always goes off after the weather clears up and dries out.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Bruce,

You will not read ABS codes where you read DDEC codes. If you go to the ABS owner's manual it will tell you how to read the codes. I have a switch next to my computer receptacle for my ABS.

Where is the ABS booklet ? Is it in the big Prevost Box ?? Are you saying there is a switch next to the plugin for the DDEC reader that will allow ABS codes to appear on the print out.

Bruce, Are you asking me where you keep your service manuals?

All I am saying is that the ABS, like the DDEC has a receptacle for a technician to plug in a reader. As an alternative there is a way to flash the codes without a reader. That procedure is listed in the ABS book. If you do not have a book like that in your coach documentation you can likely find it amongst the service manuals for your coach that you can access on line.

Thanks Jon. I may have Prevost check this one when I am in Jax next week.