Thread: Door Bell for Prevost

Default Door Bell for Prevost

Looking for a door bell for my bus. The other day I saw a bus at Mira loma Prevost that I believe had the door bell installed in the door latch. It was on a weekend and nobody was around. I would like to install something flush with the side. Thanks

Sid, I had a door bell in the door handle which was a factory installed item.

When they replaced my old door handle with the new one at Prevost last month, this handle has the round slot for a button, but no button, so my guess is if you called Prevost Parts, they have these things in stock.

HOWEVER it will be expensive to install and wire. I am surprised your Thompson didn't already have a bell?

And oh by the way, my old door handle with the door bell button, the bell didn't work.. I almost didn't buy it, cause of that !

Call prevost, I am sure they can fix you up, no problem. I would not have something mounted to the outside of your bus, you won't be happy, .. in my opinon.

Gary S.

Thanks Gary, I guess I was just trying to get rid of a few finger prints. The one Thompson put on their was this little box next to the door and I personally didn't care for that look. I'll check with Prevost Mira Loma tomorrow and see about what you mentioned. I'll let you know what they said and the $$$$ for this convince. As always Thanks

Hi Gary, just got off the phone to Prevost Mira Loma and they said that feature comes from the converter. The recommend going to Marathon in Beaumont. Maybe I'll just take your advice and forget it. I'll call Marathon and just check for the fun of it<
    Last edited by Sid Tuls; 11-17-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Sid, I'll bet the bell Prevost was talking about being, Convertor Related, was the current bell Box assembly you have on the side of your bus? The assembly your not too happy about. You also have a door camera in that don't you?

They probably didn't understand you were interested in the bell button function that is available in the main door handle assembly?

But I could be wrong?

Gary S.

Hey Gary, going to make a trip to SO. Calif for Thanksgiving I'll ask them in person since I'am going to have my bus serviced. I been changing my oil every 10,000 miles. How often do the rest of the members change theirs?? I put on about 30,000 miles a year. I've read that some members change @5,000 miles but I just figure mine are just more straight trips and not many stops. I don"t know if that makes any difference.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

10000 is a good proven interval for an oil change by literally millions of truckers.

I was a local O-O and I also went 10000.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    10000 is a good proven interval for an oil change by literally millions of truckers.

I was a local O-O and I also went 10000.
    Whats a 0-0 ?????

Sid,

I think that is owner/operator
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnie View Post
    Sid,

I think that is owner/operator
    Thanks now I'll call my bus B O = bank owned