Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windshield Wiper Blades

Petervs Guest

Wait just a darn minute there boys. Why do you think Prevost paints them flat black in the first place?

If you make them shiny polished you will be eternally bothered by them when the sun reflects from them into your eyes while you drive. With the many curves and angles the reflection will get you from many sun angles.

Think, Pooh, Think!

Peter, There you go trying to attach some sense to Prevost ownership.

Nothing about owning one makes sense, and if someone sees someone with a modified Prevost, they want to run out and modify theirs also.

I am thinking specifically when Prevost went from the four sealed beam headlights which lit up the road at night better than anything, to the plastic Ford headlights used on later model XLs. There were owners tripping all over themselves trying to get Prevost to modify the sheet metal on the front end to have the "new look".

Never mind the new headlights weren't worth anything. They looked newer and that is what most owners wanted.

Someone is selling polished stainless wipers in the FMCA magazine. Before too long almost every Prevost will be equipped with stainless steel wiper arms and assemblies.

This is not done because it makes sense. It is done because nothing makes sense.

The trouble with Peter is that many of his observations are fanciful opinions that have no basis of personal experience. And to think that Beverly and I are captives to his expostulations each morning during our walk in the woods. I actually got the idea of polishing the wipers from a fellow who had them. The OBVIOUS first Q was whether they were distracting due to glare................

And by the way Peter, if your chrome defroster vents are a bothersome distraction, I'll be glad to furnish some flat black enamel.

Lightbulb

I to agree that it is probably not a good thing to polish the wiper arms, for fear the possible glare will be a driving hazard.

Maybe a way to go is two sets. One for the rally, and one for the show. Jon could justify this as a critical spare, and I can just call it keeping up the bling.

I ordered wiper blades today and will go for them now. I used Brian's part number for ANCO, converted by NAPA to their number 60-22-56, which is a complete blade assy. made for NAPA by TRICO.

The bad part is they are discounted to $35.20 ea and the guy said he couldn't go any lower as they list for 70ish, $s. Oh well you have to buy them when you need them.

By the way Diesel is $2.77 today, in TX. Too bad I filled up yesterday for $2.88.

Jimmy C,

If you order anything in the future from Prevost, just add a couple sets of wiper refills to your order, they're cheap.

Thumbs down Napa Blades Not Good

I tried to put the NAPA blades on and they would not fit. The frame was too wide to fit the Prevost arm bracket. I squeezed it down to fit and then found the shoulder screw (supplied) was a different size and could not be used, and the Prevost screw would not fit the blade.

After getting thoroughly PO'd I packed them back up and returned them for a refund.

I guess I will stop at Prevost Nashville on the way home and pick up a set.

JIM

Yankee802 Guest

If you guys are going to polish yours, I'm going to get mine gold plated. Hell, while I'm at it, I think I'll get some dope 32" wheels with low profile tires, and for some flare, a waterbed and disco ball for the freak in me.

Top that :P

Yankee: Your way late, I know more than two bus guys with the disco balls already. And one of them has more than two disco balls too.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

And don't forget the bus we saw in Stuart FL that had spinner wheel covers. The kind that keep spinning even after the bus was stopped.

Yankee, don't get these guys going. You have no clue how they can bling up a coach until you give them some type of incentive, such as a challenge.

How do you think the King got his name?

Jimmy C,

If you stop in Nashville, call and get the gate code, you can spend the night free and have at least water & electric. You may even be able to hob nob with a country music star or two! Nancy's got two autographs while I was spending money there. If you need any help and are near Atlanta, be sure to call me.