Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windshield Wiper Blades

Default Windshield Wiper Blades

I am having difficulty finding a source for wiper blades for the bus.

Is this a Prevo item only or what???????

JIM

Jim, I think that Ed got our blades at a local auto parts store. We were in a small little town in Georgia, also when he went in and got them.
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Jim, I just went through this. The wiper blade assy is Prevost PN 800284, $23.59. The blade refill is PN 800316. The Autex PN is ACS-12-22 and the Anco PN is 57-12. Prevost prices are competitive on this part. Establishing credit with them will be a convenience for future quick ordering.

Since you have a serious responsibility to continue the in the spirit of the King, you might consider stripping and polishing the wiper assys. It's an easy project and oh so blingy.

Yankee802 Guest

Thought this was relevent.

Prevost wiper blade table.jpg

Talking

Sandy, the small town stores didn't work for me. I got the big Dah, what's that you want it for?

Brian, I'll go out and try again today with your specific data.
    Yes I have an account with Prevost, established it when I called to register with them. The problem is that I am on the road and have no address to rec. them. Yesterday here in TX it rained steers and cows! NO BULL

Geoff, your parts blow out is terrific. It will come in handy if I break anything when I am polishing the wiper arms.

I changed out the washer fluid to the Rainex type that goes to -25 deg., good stuff. It applies Rainex to the window every time you spray. Surprised to find it took 4 gal..

Brian,

How easy is it to Polish the wiper arms??? I seem to be in the mood to have thinks polished. Do I need to send them out or can I do this with the right tools??? What level of skill are we talking??

Bruce,

If you are contemplating polishing your engine doors, the perfect way to practice the see the reults of using various degrees of sandpaper and polishing rouge is to do the arms yourself. There is no way to screw up, and if you mess up and don't want to fix it, just repaint them black.

Lowes has paint stripper to get you started.

Thanks Jon, I will give it a go. If my wipers are still black when we see each other again you will know the answer.

Bruce, In addition to Jon's advice... Do one at a time so you don't have to figure out how to reassemble them. Lift a blade off the windshield and lock the spring with a small allen wrench before sliding it off the shaft. Prevost carries any parts you want to replace. The hardware can be replaced with stainless from a local hdw store. After stripping, a bench grinder with a buffing wheel is the easiest and best way to polish the arms. If using this method sanding shouldn't be necessary. If doing them by hand, (drill with buffing wheel) 1000-1500 grit can be used before buffing but would try the buffer with white compound first. For final finish use red (rouge) for a high polish. The book says to use green compound for stainless but I've never been able to find it and red works fine.

I've been trying to find a source for unpainted stainless wiper blades with no luck so far. If anybody has a source, please share it with the rest of us that have nothing better to do.

Thanks Brian, sounds like I need some tools, some training and you to make this work. I will leave today for Washington State. I will report back with pics once I am successful with this learning curve.