Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberty heating systems

Default Liberty heating systems

How does Liberty heat the water in the bus? I have read that they have an electric water heater (sometimes 2). Also, I have read that they have an Aqua Hot system. Does the Aqua Hot heat the water?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga,

We have a marine electric hot water heater as well as the Webasto heater and the engine to heat the water in the bus.

While on the road, the engine heats the water hot enough that the hot water tank will last for a couple of days or more. If electric power needs to be conserved, the Webasto works very well.

One thing we never have too little of is hot water!

The hot water is circulated from the 10 gal water heater to the engine and back to the water heater while driving down the road. When in a CG the 10 gal water heater is powered by shore power and provides hot water. When dry camping the Webasto (Aqua Hot) is used. Is this correct?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga,The water heater is 20 gallons and the webasto is a 80,000 BTU unit,it is not an aquahot.The aquahot is different from the webasto in that it supplies the hot water where the webasto will heat the water through a heat exchanger in the hot water tank.When plugged in or with generator running the hot water is normally heated with just the electrical element,but can be heated with the webasto also.

Tuga,

The water heater is 20 gallon and has a heat exchanger. While the engine is running, the water is heated by engine coolant via the exchanger. The coach heat exchangers are also in the loop unless you have the valves turned off. You are correct, while dry camping the Webasto takes care of the hot water and if on shore or gen, electric heats the water.

On mine, the engine, hot water, water bay and all coach heat exchangers are heated with the Webasto running. I ran the Webasto Sun morning before braking camp for about 3 hours and my engine was at 170 degrees. The ole girl was so toasty it didn't even smoke!

Sorry if I jumped on your post Paul.

I understand, thanks for the info. It is good to have a back up hot water system: if the water heater fails the Webasto can be used. If both the water heater and the Webasto fail the engine can heat water. COOL!

To carry it one step further: how is the bus heated? Electric and Webasto and engine?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Mine has 4 cruise airs(AC and Heat Pumps),2 heat exchangers from the webasto in the galley and bedroom,one 110 volt bath heat in the hall.Since Liberty has Over The Road air and heat the coach is heated with that system when in transit.

Tuga,

Are you on a quest for knowledge's sake or are you looking at a Liberty to purchase?

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Tuga,

When I referred to coach exchangers, they are the heat source for the Webasto and located in front, galley and bedroom. I also have two electric kick heaters located in the galley and bedroom. I assume you can run the Webasto and all three heat exchangers (coach heat) while traveling. The pumps would run, but the Webasto wouldn't have to fire cause the engine is keeping things hot.

Both. I would like to buy a Liberty, but they are still over priced in my opinion. We checked out the new Bella Terra RV resort in Gulf Shores, AL this weekend, and we tried a little experiment. We kept the slide-outs in! I did this to see what it would be like to have a non slide coach. We kept them in for a day; we found it crowded and clostraphobic. On the second day we opened the slides. Much better. So it seems that a Liberty with slides would be my best option. Only problem here is MONEY! I don't have enough.

I met a couple in the RV park that owned a '96 Liberty w/2 slides. They had them installed by Rogue RV in Oregon. They loved the slides and said that they were working fine (I find that hard to believe with aftermarket slides). Anyhow, they liked the slides and the Liberty.

There were 25 coaches in the park over the weekend: all were slide coaches. I just can not bring myself to buy a non slide coach. So I guess I will dream on about buying a Liberty with slides. Besides, buyers are not lining up to buy my coach. Perhaps I need to lower the asking price but I really don't think that will matter much. The market is very soft now and if were able to sell now I don't know what I would replace it with. Maybe an Allegro Bus!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot