Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideal storage solutions?

My Coach came with a clothes hanger Carousel in the back closet which is over the engine compartment, but there is way too much un-used space . We want to add some slide out drawers or baskets in that area.
    All of those built ins in the storage add weight to the bus big time. I prefer to carry plastic baskets and storage boxes. I have one slide out in the first bay which goes all the way across. That's enough for me. I don't full time however. I do have a grill and entertainment center (TV & Radio, tiny refer) which I do use alot, at home and on the road.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Closet Space

Gary-

My Royal has what they want to call a "walk in closet" and mine has a regular nice brass hanging bar all the way around the back and side walls but they made some versions with the carousel I've seen and the suck just like you said. Mine was still poorly designed and I had a cabinet maker add drawers. Send me an email to jeff@skincarepro.com and I'll send you before and after shots of what we did to help repair the closet space and you might get some ideas. Ed (Sawdust) is carpenter, I'm not. Finding somone to do the work was harder than you'd think and when he was done, he said he'd never work on the interior of a motor home again. Took him a lot longer than he thought but it came out looking pretty decent.

Thanks Jeff. I'll send you an e-mail.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Ed, we full time and we went through three sets of storage solutions until we settled on Rubber Maid containers from Home Depot and Clear file boxes with flap cover tops.

We use the RM containers in two sizes. Large 18-20'' tall and small about 10" tall. We stack the small on top of the large and they fit three across the Joey bed and two deep on both sides. We are then able to store everything in it proper place. We even have a couple of empty ones for future book purchases.

Hope this helps.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Lloyd have you two got your bus back yet?

December 1st. I will post more progress photos on blog this week. Best to you Joe.