Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Front end allignment

Default Front end allignment

After my recent trip I notice my front passenger tire had excessive tire wear on the outside. The driver's side tire is fine. My question is this can a good truck shop do this for me? Or do I have to bring the bus to Prevost? I only have 30,121 miles on it. and I'am the only driver I Ididn't hit anything like curbs or pot holes. There are a few rough spots on the Interstate 40. Thanks

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Sid any good truck tire supplier should be able to point you to the right shop.

Almost sounds like a warranty issue

Sid,

I had the same issue on my XLII with 45K miles. I took it to a truck aligment shop in Houston. They did a great job (Josam Laser Alignment Equipment). They even gave me a before and after print out that showed how out of alignment the front passenger tire was. My experience was Prevost was that they called a mobile guy out to their lot. I prefer to go to their shop where they have all the equipment and tools. Prevost can probably recommend a shop in your area.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc & Joe, talk to a truck shop and will go down there with the info you guys sent me. Talking to him he said we can take the front's and put them on the tags and the tag's on the front. He does work on charter buses. Also called Prevost Mira Loma and they told me this afternoon that it takes about a half a day to do a bus. So is there something I'am missing? The truck shop said it was just a toe out problem and if we switch tires looking at a 3 hour time table. Thanks for the input!!

Sid: I have found a very reliable service company located in Sacramento. I had my 89 Prevost aligned there and they have an excellent front end man for rigs like ours. I recently had them do complete service on my 2000 Prevost and they were very thorough in every way. They service a lot of Fire Trucks and trucks of all sizes. They have the largest truck frame straightening device on the West Coast. Call Rick Tracy @ 916-371-6100 or Cell 916-825-7422. West Coast Frame & Collision Repair, Inc. They'r easy to find and have plenty of room for your rig. Call me if you want to discuss them.
    530-273-9124 Jeff did my bus service work and knows his busses.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Default Mira Loma

Sid,
    I had my 2001 done in Mira Loma. Took all day and they did a fine job.

Set the front and tag as well as check the drivers, adjusted ride height, found an repaired a road damaged ride height control rod from my night fight with a monster road gator.

All for $600.00 even including parts.

If you are going to invest in a front end alignment I would recommend a 3 axle alignment, which my be what the folks who went to Prevost are referring to. This cost about $600, but is well worth the expense given the price for new Tires.

They place the bus up on 6 steel tables, use a laser device and then go through the entire process of aligning each axle. It is important to make sure that the steering wheel (correct position) is checked before completion, straight that is. and also test drive the bus before signing off on the alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Tuls View Post
    After my recent trip I notice my front passenger tire had excessive tire wear on the outside. The driver's side tire is fine. My question is this can a good truck shop do this for me? Or do I have to bring the bus to Prevost? I only have 30,121 miles on it. and I'am the only driver I Ididn't hit anything like curbs or pot holes. There are a few rough spots on the Interstate 40. Thanks
    Sid,

Is there any similar wear on the inside of either tire?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    Sid,

Is there any similar wear on the inside of either tire?
    No just on the outside of the passenger tire. The drivers side is perfect. Going to a truck shop tomarrow and will post the results.

Sid,

I have the same symptoms, but it is on both of my front tires. My driver's side tire has the wear on BOTH sides of the tires. The passenger side only on the outside. I presently have Toyo tires on the front with 25,000 miles on them. I had Michelins previously and they did the same wear pattern. I had the front end aligned by TCI (Tire Centers, Inc.) after the Toyos were installed. It appears that the front end alignment didn't fix the problem.

Someone told me that I should have installed STEER tires on the front; they have extra rubber on the edges. Hope that this has helped you.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot