Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ????????????

Dale, its ok-- used car dealers in a recession have to have thick skin.

Mine is almost as thick as A1's. Keep the Zingers coming - it does help to relieve the pain.

Hey --I got more reinforcements from Jamey at Mobile (from Chattanooga) - he's a used car dealer too.

Plus he owns a Country Coach on top of that.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

The bus has been plugged in since the day it came into Mr. Oliver's from Florida. They will have her looking like new when Jim arrives and are going to take 4 or 5 days helping him get up to speed.
    Gee, thanks, Jon, I'm taking your number out of my speed dial. Well, maybe not.

Check those chassis batteries. As Roger will point out, if the charger was left "on" they could be cooked, and if it was left "off" they could be low on voltage or dead.

Owning a bus is not for sissies.

Yep.... in fact, mine has been known to fix itself!!

[QUOTE=Jon Wehrenberg; Quote
    it has a small battery at the top left of the electric compartment that must be changed every two years.

Jon please expond on the above statement of a small battery. I'm on my second coach and I don't know anything about the fore mentioned battery.
    Don't ask me why or why i didn't see this in the manual. Me and Manual don't do well together. Anyway where is't and what is't fore. Is this a Liberty exclusive. I had my royale 10 years and never saw or heard from the described battery. Top left of which electrical compartment.
    Thx again
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Default Sorry To Be Away

Hey, every thing's OK for now and I am sure with all you out there for me it will be in the future. When one gets away from this site for more than a day or two it's very difficult to get back up to speed, so I just stuck to one thing and let it go.

I have been out of town working predawn past dusk to ready my garage.
    It's not completely finished, but ready enough for good safe storage.

Just got a new laptop and am getting used to the beast. I don't like the pad mouse and need to get an optical one.

Right now we are in Syracuse NY visiting our daughter and as Mel said will go to pick up yhe bus on 11/10/08

I really don't know anything about owning and operating as bus, just a lot about wanting one. I do believe I chose a good one for a first time owner, after all it doesn't have a bug shield so how bad can it be, so most of the questions and goof ups will be on my back. If I had only know when riding with Jon that I would make a purchase so soon, I could have learned a lot more on our trip to Spearfish. Now I will have to learn by trial and error and by my mistakes, and hope there are no errors with drastic consequences.

NO BUGS FOR NOW.

JIM

Harry,

I don't think you have a battery such as I described. The PLCs (programmable logic controllers) on our Elegant Ladies must be functioning in order to initiate the generator start cycle, so the battery is basically one that will bring them alive when the house batteries are dead so the generator can be started.

Life sucks until your generator is running so that battery is important. You also need the dedicated generator start battery, but if that has died it can be jumped from a car.

Jimmy C, you have to be the most laid back patient dude I ever met! You bought a bus 2 months ago and you haven't even sat in the seat yet. I wouldn't have slept for one night if it was me.

I can't wait until you get on the road...