Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ????????????

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default ????????????

What the heck happened to Chaloupka

The guy buys himself a bus and then he disappears. Guess he figures he don't need us any more

dalej Guest

I haven't heard from him, sure hope he's ok. I wonder if the bus he bought was a double lemon???
    Last edited by dalej; 10-30-2008 at 08:29 PM.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

He could be experiancing post-purchase traumatic syndrome

He may need meds.

If Jim has the bus he needs us more than ever.

I suspect that just keeping up with what each button and knob does would be plenty of reason to get on the forum and ask questions. Right now he is like a student pilot that has read all about flying, but has never done it. He don't even know what he don't know.

Jim, we're here for you. Write soon.

Dale: Careful, you might want to sell yours someday - to a POG Guy.

In one post its "POG is such a warm friendly group", and then the next thing I know a zinger is flying up from a beautiful farm in Nebraska. Whats up with that?

That bus has so many buttons it would take a rocket scientist a while to learn it. But it has the manuals!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

You all just don't need to be worrying about Jim C. He is arriving down here in God's Country on the 10th. His plan is to spend the week getting a grip on the Liberty and shopping for supplies to make the trip home. Jan and I are going over on Wed. or Thurs. to offer encouragement and get the Chaloupkas fed up real good before they head out.
    Jim has been covered up getting his bus barn ready for the new occupant, thus his lack of participation lately. I'm thinking he'll be back with a vengeance real soon.

Mel and Jim.......real concern here:

I hope the seller has kept the bus powered up this entire time. As has been discussed on this forum many times the failure to maintain power to the coach results in damage to the batteries and that leads to funky problems until everything gets sorted out.

Asking the seller if it has been powered up is an exercise in futility.

The coach has 4 chassis batteries which should be OK if they were monitored and the charger was used when voltage went down. It has 4 house batteries that need to have the inverters on at all times as well as the battery charger switches #1 and #2 (those are misleading labels because those switches are actually power to the inverters). It also has a generator battery that will be OK if the inverters were left on. Finally, it has a small battery at the top left of the electric compartment that must be changed every two years. If the other batteries have puked, this battery will keep the computers alive when the switch is thrown. The generator will not start unless the computers are alive.

Hate to bring up somber thoughts when this should be a happy occasion, but our coaches are extremely dependent on batteries.

dalej Guest

Roger, I was seeing if you were paying attention! everyone knew that your bus was a good one.

I thought that if I put a smile at the end that that would let everyone know. I'll keep the funny's to a minimum.

I heard that remark King!

Dale J, keep it coming, nobody is exempt in this group...

You don't need no stinkin manuals. The bus won't ever need repair. It's a Liberty.