Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to Repair Stainless Panel

Don't feel bad Dale F.

I'll show you a repair I made to a dent that was on the bus when I got it. It is visible, but I think a person needs to know where it is to easily find it.

Roger has seen it, but he said it looked OK. He may be reporting me to the Wide Turn police however.

The reason I am not concerned about getting the stainless panel professionally repaired is that I am afraid I might do the same thing again if I decided to experiment with my leveling system while going out my very steep driveway.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Default Wide Turn Award

Jon: As I recall you threw me under the bus at Spearfish on the dent award. I will continue to inspect your Liberty for any new experiences that might qualify you for the award.

It is a pleasure to be presented this award in front of a group of bus owners!!!NOT.

Your Pal,
    Roger
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Roger old pal....You should realize by now that it is not only a right, but an obligation for POG members to rat on other members who fail to immediately acknowledge their bus customizing efforts.

Even Don and Bonnie now know that and I am sure that before OK city we will have others who are modestly keeping their exploits to themselves. We need to shine a light on these folks. Unlike you not all folks are in a position to repair damage by buying a new coach.

Do you think I was unaware of this when I publicly posted my efforts to drag an H2 Hummer all the way to Lexington with the wheels locked? Hell no....I posted it instantly to steal the joy of posting from the squealers on this forum.

"I'll show you a repair I made to a dent that was on the bus when I got it."

Why is it that we're supposed to believe that load of crap????

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Do you think I was unaware of this when I publicly posted my efforts to drag an H2 Hummer all the way to Lexington with the wheels locked?

Jon, Since you are being so Open, did you get better or worse gas mileage on the bus, DRAGGING the H2 to Lexington? Inquiring minds want to know.

Gary S.

Gary,

Let's just say I did not check the mileage, but the cost to tow with the brakes on is substantially greater than when they are released.

Smart ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Gary,

Let's just say I did not check the mileage, but the cost to tow with the brakes on is substantially greater than when they are released.

Smart ass.

Nice Jon, real nice... I am almost offended..

Gary S.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Wrinkled panels

I've got a few wrinkles on door panels over my past new years. While this example that was posted needed attention and was obvious, my philosophy is this. If a bay door panel, bumper or anything else get's a little road rash or "wrinkle" in it (from high center, curbing, etc), I leave it alone if it's not that noticeable. Why ? Becuase when I go to make it perfect again, Murphy sneaks up on me and makes an even worse wrinkle in it. So I just wait until it really needs a nip and tuck and get's the really bad wrinkel in it to replace it. I also think it's bad luck to have your bus (strike that......my bus) perfect on the outside. When I leave that minor lower bay door wrinkle unattended to, I go years without another wrinkle. As soon as I try to fix it and make it perfect, along comes Murphy with an even bigger "I got you".

Reminds me of a Corvette I had when I was 18. I spent 4 hours polishing it before taking it out to look cool and a block from the house, someone runs a light and creams it. If I had left it dirty, I would have been out 4 hours earlier and that nuckle head would have missed me.

Murphy.
    Last edited by Jeff Bayley; 10-31-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Dale: Sorry I'm getting in on your project late in the game. You have proven what I have been preaching. On the heavier parts, bumpers and rub rails etch. can usually be straightened and re-finished. Your ingenuity using hydraulic porta powers paid off for you. Most auto shops have bearing presses that work well also. You need to have dollies ( heavy chunks of plate) to push with and backup. Big hammers work well when all else fails or is not available. As Jon pointed out a press brake with flatening dies works best. Lighter metal is more of a challenge but the material cost is less when replacing with new. Good job well done Dale.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali