Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1994 Liberty Classic Manuals

Default 1994 Liberty Classic Manuals

Anyone have the owners manual and electrical information manual for my vintage Bus? Liberty tells me it's not available, so I would like to copy one if possible.

Tom. I'm kind of surprise Liberty does not have a owners manual. You would think they would have this info on a computer file at least. Additionally, they sale so many pre owned Coaches they should easily come across that info.
    Liberty, as I understand it, does not provide Convertor wiring diagrams with their Coaches. They do however provide number tag for each wire and that is detailed in their owners manual.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Actually this has been discussed before. The 94 XL has a very basic operators manual. The manual contains the wiring list that Gary describes. It also contains some operational instructions and very basic circuit diagrams which do not include source locations or meaningful wire labels. The good news appears to be that in subsequent models Liberty improved their documentation to ultimately equal the quality of their excellent product. Somebody owes me a beer.

This is speculation, but I suspect that Tom's request can be satisfied by any owner's manual for a Liberty Classic from his vintage up through the late 90's, and possibly a few years earlier than his coach.

If a full owner's manual is not available, anyone that has a 12 volt Liberty listing of the circuit numbers will help immensely.

Jon has a very thorough Owners Manual (96 shell) and a second manual labeled Electrical Information. His manuals are more specific to the Elegant Lady, but there were a lot of similarities.

I would like to have an owners manual close in vintage to mine, but the wire tag numbers are a must have in my opinion.

The folks in IL were not very helpful, I was kind of surprised. They didn't call back as agreed, I had to call them 2 days later, and she just made the statement the manuals were not available. I'm used to this, I had a CC remember!

Like Gary, I can't imagine a 94 bus costing about 600K not having an owners manual. My 94 Foretravel had a real good one...

Truk; Call Troy at Liberty in Fl. I'll bet he or his techs will give you a straight answer to your request. I will be at my bus tomorow and I'll look at what I have that can be reproduced to help you. My 2000 Xl classic can't differ too much from your coach.
    Didn't Brian give you a 5 year 100,000 mi. warranty including free road side service?
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Thanks Harry, I'll give him a try. I appreciate your offer to use your manual, but I think your 2000 has been much improved over the systems in my 94.

And yes, Brian gave me a 50/50 warranty. 50 minutes or 50 mph, whichever comes first! I think it's the same as Parkway Auto offers....

Talking

Tom,

That's a pretty generous warranty. Mine is 5 minutes, 50 feet or the street, which ever comes first.

John
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

Truk,

Not to throw cold water on your quest for info, but to point out one thing I learned. Anytime I had a problem with any of the electrical devices, the first thing I would do is look for the circuit number on the switch or the device itself.

The same number is on the CB or fused circuits in the electrical bay.

That is unless Brian carefully peeled all of the numbers off because they weren't perfectly applied and didn't look exactly right.

Hi Tom. When you call Troy also say I recommend you call as well. He has a wealth of knowledge on Libertys and he has aided me many times with just a 5 minute call. He knows most systems by memory.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide