Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1994 Liberty Classic Manuals

Hummmm-- I recall previous posts to the effect that 'Liberty support was excellent'. Is the manual problem Liberty, the contact person or, the year of the bus? This sound like the same BS that Country Coach owners are experiencing from that Company.

Larry

I don't understand the intent of your post Harry. You stumbled upon them by accident and yet they came to your aid? That's a good thing, right?

All I can say is that they have never failed to answer my questions or if I was at a Liberty or FMCA rally I never left without having any work I wanted them to do completed.

Did I miss something in between saying they took care of your problem, and that they need to take care of owner's problems?

Excellent question Larry. In the case of Tom's 94, I believe what they told me when I tried to get manuals for it. At that time the operating manual was very basic. Tom has that manual and would like to get decent circuit diagrams for the coach. I frankly don't think they exist but for Tom's sake hope that Frank K. (President of Liberty) can prove me wrong.

As to Harry's comments, I think Liberty has the capability of providing good support. My personal guess is they just don't have the manpower to provide it in many cases. My recent experience in purchasing a used coach from them was excellent and I thank Dave Wall and Troy's boys for making it a pleasure to be separated from my money.

From where I'm sitting, Harry pretty much nailed it. My very limited communication about the manual and parts leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm new to the Liberty scene and will give it patience and time.

The Manual Brian mentioned is not a Liberty Manual, but a chinsey Prevost Owners Manual labeled, "The Prevost LeMirage XL." If there is any version of a Liberty Manual, I haven't found it and it may be with the 100 dollar bills I suspect Mole Man hid in the bus!

In talking with Steve, the manual for the 97 he has is 180 pages. I just can't believe that 3 years earlier there was nothing but a hand shake when someone bought a Liberty and left the sales lot with no reference to anything.

I do appreciate everyones help and comments, maybe it will get me somewhere...
    Last edited by truk4u; 11-01-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Jon I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers on this Liberty thing. But with Truks problem sluffed off and Dave Wall not following through on his promises to send me information on my bus when I bought it left a bad taste. Yes the techs did help me I thanked them and tipped them for their labor and paid the invoice for parts. I do appreciate them being there with parts, service and information. I just think all their customers should be on even footing with them. It's just good business practice.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

I'm not defending Liberty Harry. If they fell on their head by not doing what they promised shame on them. That just puts them in the same category as any other converter that fails to support a customer if that is their practice. Maybe they consider it cheaper and easier to have the customer call them for help or info.

I just got confused because you indicated you stumbled upon them and they helped you and then you expressed some dissatisfaction with them.

I think if you maintain a dialogue with the convertors you probably will have better luck than just a once or twice encounter. Kind of the squeaky wheel thing.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide