Finally broke down and changed my power steering reservoir filter. It is locating directly above my chassis batteries. Purchased the filter from Prevost. Unfortunately the convertor failed to follow the "due regard for your neighbor" clause when they wired up all the isolators and equalizers.
The area above the reservoir that allows you to take the filter out of the canister is now half filled up with large cabling and wire bundles. Just checking the fluid level is a bit of a trick, and changing the filter (50,000 mile or one year interval) is down right maddening. Ended up removing about 15 large wire ties so I could push the wire bundles partly out of the way. Then unbolted the two outboard mounting bolts holding on the canister brakets. That allowed access to the two clamping (pinch) bolts on the brackets to loose the canister from the mounting brackets. Of course all the fasteners are very difficult to access, and the nuts on the pinch bolts are sick. Used two pairs of needle nose vise grips to hold the nuts on the pinch bolts. There is no visual access to the nuts so once I got the vise grips attached I did not want to let them go until it was back together. Loosened the pinch bolts. Then unbolted the two large hose clamps which support the large hose coming out the bottom of the canister. At this point I was able to lower the canister in the bracket about 1.5 inches and in combination with pushing on the loosened wire bundles remove the old filter. This is a three arm job, but your head can be used.
Reversed the process and bang the filter is changed.
This little adventure only took four hours. Next time it will only take two hours. Interesting how a 15 minute job can take half a day.
P.S. I am using the milage interval not the time. It is possible that this is the first time this filter was ever changed? 146,945 miles