Thread: Yellowstone area parts?

Default Yellowstone area parts?

I sent this private email to Dale and Paulette this morning, but wanted whatever answer they might come up with to be shared with all.

Dear Dale and Paulette,
    After I pulled into Yellowstone yesterday (BEAUTIFUL!) I noticed that my generator was overheating. Turns out my fan belt snapped. No problem. Went to put on my spare and.... it didn't fit. I got the wrong belt from Napa. (Not sure if it was my fault or theirs, but no matter now... here I am without a generator:-)

We are camped at the Mammoth hot springs area, near the north entrance. Wondering if there is a Napa or a RV supply place in Gardiner that you might know about?

I'll post on POG as well so all can benefit from your answer... or somebody else's.

Thanks. Loving Yellowstone. Weather is glorious. Only got down to 30 last night. And is sunny right now. Hope it holds.

Best,

Adam

Adam, Dale and Paulette may be busy with the Oyster bunch so I will try and help. To my recollection there is very little in Gardiner. I do know there are more than one auto parts stores in West Yellowstone. Don't know your setup but you could probably run down there if you have a chassis battery charger that will run with the genny providing AC for it. Your engine will not run without electrical power for DDEC, etc. Would call Prevost PASS service ((800) 463-7738) to verify you can do this without causing more problems. The drive to W.Y. is beautiful. Good luck.

Napa
    310 Firehole Avenue
    West Yellowstone, MT 59758
    Phone: (406) 646-7473

Adam,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. For whatever the reason, I never received the private message you sent. We left the Mobile group this morning about 7:30 and came home for church. We'll be going back later in the afternoon.

Hopefully, you have already found a source for your belt, but here are the closest NAPA stores to you. Hope this helps.

Dyna Parts
    310 Firehole Avenue
    West Yellowstone, MT
    406-646-7473

Horizon Auto
    1210 E. Park Street
    Livingston, MT
    406-222-6272

NAPA AUTO PARTS
    Polyco Corp
    514 W Aspen
    Bozeman, MT 59715
    Tel: (406) 587-9211
    Last edited by dale farley; 10-26-2008 at 03:21 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!