Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roof paint

Default Roof paint

What is the general opinion on roof care? Do you wax it or use some other product?
    How many have peeling clear coat?

Thanks, Larry

Larry, I cleaned mine very thoroughly and applied a coat of wax. I assume this will help shed water and provide some protection for the paint.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Yankee802 Guest

First, what about that white rubber roof stuff? It seems to me that would be good, no?!?

Second, how the hell do you activate the quick reply ability? It says click on the quick reply icon, WHAT quick reply icon? I'm not trying to quote anyone....

Geoff

Quick reply. Bottom right corner of post. I used the white stuff on my 94 Liberty. Works great. Protects the roof very well and reflects the sun like nothing else.

Yankee802 Guest

Brian,

Thanks for the help. Also, did you put it on yourself? Was it easy, expensive?

Geoff

Geoff, We had our bus painted in '04. The painter offered to do the roof for an extra $400.00. It was applied with a notched squeegy. He told me it was very easy to apply. Sorry I can't give you the name of the product but the painter was Mike Wilson: http://www.willyscustomconcepts.net. Mike painted coaches for Marathon for many years before going on his own. He is a fantastic painter.

Default Temp Coat

Just finished resealing and coating my roof. Used ProFlex RV sealant (1.5 quarts) and Temp Coat InsuAll coating (10 gallons). Sanded entire roof with 220 using a DA. Yes some of the original clear coat was flaking off. Repaired all old patches and resealed all pentrations etc. Applied two coats of Temp Coat. First coat 15 mils. Second coat 10 mils. Used the Temp Coat quick gun to apply Temp Coat product.
    Attached Images Attached Images

dalej Guest

Looks great Jim, a lot of work I'll bet.

Jim, just a real nice job on your roof. It looks beter than new.

I thought I owned just about every tool I would ever need, but, what the heck is a DA? As in, "Sanded entire roof with 220 using a DA" Wet or dry sanding?

And, where did you purchase the products you used? Thanks!!

Total of 40 man hours to complete the roof. Biggest concern was accidently falling off. I told my wife to come out every thirty minutes to check on me. Figured I could survive for at least that long. She checked on me once?
    A DA is a double action air power sander used for automotive sanding. The unit I have is 6" round. Works great. Dry sanding. I just needed a good profile for the TempCoat to adhere to. Also got rid of all the loose clear coat and feathered all the edges. Bought the sander at Lowes, ProFlex from Camping World, TempCoat from TempCoat.