Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slides Love Um or Leave Um

Well, you could use Kwik Fill truck stops, with full service. Same price as self serve, cars trucks, RVs.

Let the fuel jockey get sprayed.

JIM

GDeen,

I will trade a fuel puke any day for the major hassles of trying to get the bus and a toad on the automotive side and the slow fuel fill rate.

The fuel puke syndrome is frustrating in that is is not as predictable as it would seem. I just have accepted the fact it will puke. When it doesn't I do a little dance.

But I'm going to try tipping the bus to see if that avoids it.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Bus Tipping?

Jon,

Is bus tipping anything like cow tipping?

Will, you guys with the single side fill would realize the gravity of the situation we two side fill guys have to deal with if you had what appears to be a half gallon or more come blasting out of the fuel filler about a second after the nozzle clicks off. I would rather stand behind an upright cow with her tail raised than be next to my filler door when the nozzle clicks off.

In both cases you are going to get it, but in one of the cases it washes off.

Jon,,
    I know I am asking for it but here goes. Before fueling, we check the info screen for fuel used. Then, when fueling we watch the pump tick the gallons. As the amount poured in approaches that bewitching figure, we peer down the filler neck to watch for froth. As more fuel pours in, you can detect a tone change of the fuel racing in. As the tone goes up in pitch, we slow the nozzle to a trickle and watch the foam climb the filler neck. As the foam reaches the end of the fill neck, we stop fueling. No mess, no fuss, no puking it just takes finesse. H3-45's puke too!
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

It's OK Chris & Jim, what works is good. On my CC, I used to watch the fill with a flashlight and you can see it when it gets to the fuel neck. One side was easier to see than the other for some reason. Worked every time, but Jon tried it with his eyeball up close and personal to the fill spout and got some number 2 stinky stuff on his tie!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Thumbs up Thumbs up for and put one in the 40ftr column

You poor guys with the duel duels. CONCINTRATE real hard and visualize you in fact have only one filler and it never pukes. Get back to us on the results. Remember the power of atraction. It could take some time but perservere and disregard the resulting odor and damaged footware. Be brave.

Would you like me to put in a call to management and get this thing resolved.

In addition,our 40 never leads me to anything other than squeaky clean islands and I often fuel in my house slippers.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 03-13-2009 at 09:13 PM.

lewpopp Guest

This subject comes up every so often and I get a hugh smile on my face when I recall the story Jon told about the first time he got drenched at a Flying J. Lady Di made him strip completely outside before he came back into the coach. Wouldn't we all like to see a movie of that. Stay tuned for the re-inactment coming soon to a Prevost forum near you. chuckle, chuckle

Hey Joe,

I have found your slippers!! The Ankle Cam caught you at the last truckstop.

killer_bunny_slippers_add1.jpg
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

My my little bunny rabbit what big teeth you have.