Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slides Love Um or Leave Um

Default Slides Love Um or Leave Um

We love our salon slide when we camp, because of all the extra room it gives us.

However, this last weekend when we went camping I could not get it to extend out. I checked pretty much the usual things, and pretty much determined the Slide controller was not getting any power.

This slide controller box is on the drivers side bay directly under the slide. It has numerous led lights but the green power light was not lite. The yellow led lights that were on mean the locking pins were operating correctly, but that power must be coming in from some other source.

I checked the 40amp Slide controller fuse in the back of the bus in the engine compartment above the batteries, and it was getting power there, but from what I understand there is possibly another in-line fuse, maybe in the drivers door area, but I could not locate this in-line fuse.

There is also (3) black push-pin type fuses that are just in front of the controller box, which is not getting any power.

Anybody have a suggestion?

I was not in the mood to take pictures of these areas, when I was sweating up a rain cloud trying to diagnose this issue, but I should have. It might have helped with this diagnosis.

Gary S.

Gary,

If I remember correctly, you told me your slide was a Prevost slide. Maybe a call to Prevost would help. Hope it is something simple. Maybe Gary or Loc could chime in.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Hey Gary, I had a similiar problem a few months back when we were in Nashville. I called Prevost and they help me through the whole process step by step, provided that you have Prevost slides. Hope this is of some help.

Hi Gary. The slide won't work if your interlok relay says your not in Nuetral with brake on. You may already have gone thru this step. I have a trouble shooting book, did you get anything with your Coach? Let me know and I can fax or e-mail it to you. Call me if you like 805-8960222 cell.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary,

I would love to get a copy of the troubleshooting book. Email is great at loc.mcnew@aig.com.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Gary De, I sent you a PM. Thanks for the offer of the book. If I can get it from you, I will make Loc a copy too. My address info is in Dales web address map.

Hey I will make a copy for JDUB too, even though he doesn't have a slide, maybe someday ?

Gary S.

I think this is the source of the slide problems..........

glue.jpg

So Jer, that was you parked out back in the dark part of the Prevost parking lot two weekends ago?

Did you find a big enough barn to park in yet, so you won't hit the back end of your bus with it I mean ?

Gary S.

No Spongebob, that wasn't me. My rig is parked in heated ecstacy and doesn't have a slide out problem. Wait, I don't have slideouts so I reckon I won't ever have that problem.....

Dang.

Default Slides Yea

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    No Spongebob, that wasn't me. My rig is parked in heated ecstacy and doesn't have a slide out problem. Wait, I don't have slideouts so I reckon I won't ever have that problem.....

Dang.
    Hi Jerry . You need to have a slide out Coach, you'll never go back! Just think about all the revelers at the football games. Party on Garth!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide