Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bridges & Overpasses & stress management?

wrongagain Guest

With that software "copilot truck 11" there are settings for motorhomes up to 13 ft high, etc.
    I use the truck settings and set it up for a 53 ft trailer.
    I figure if it is going to let a semi with a 53 ft box behind it on a route, it will let the bus go thru the same area.

What is the "copilot truck 11" and where did you get this equipment. Sounds interesting.

I have an antenna that the original owner had installed, it will go off if the overpass is too low, a little late I am afraid.

wrongagain Guest

http://www.alk.com/copilot/laptop.asp

I got it from their site.
    It is a laptop gps system based on PC MILER truck routing software.

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wrongagain View Post
    http://www.alk.com/copilot/laptop.asp

I got it from their site.
    It is a laptop gps system based on PC MILER truck routing software.

I checked this out and it seems to be what I was looking for. Have you found things about it that you don't like?

Thanks in advance.

wrongagain Guest

Nope,
    There is nothing about it I dont like, except,...
    This is my second purchase of copilot the first, copilot 9, you could put on lots and lots of computers, since I have several laptops this was a neat feature.
    But, then came copilot 11, this time they got smart, and it will only run on 1 machine at a time.
    If and when you try to put it on a second machine you will happily start it up and right across the screen it tells you that this is being used on another computer and must be unregistered with them and then reregistered on the new computer, and that you must uninstall it on the original machine for the new to work.
    But other than that I love it.
    It tells you for instance that you missed a turn but not to go on this road as it is not a designated truck route, go that road instead.
    Its based on PC MILER and so far has been very smart, about stuff like road construction etc, probably because it is so heavily relied upon by the trucking community.

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wrongagain View Post
    Nope,
    There is nothing about it I dont like, except,...
    This is my second purchase of copilot the first, copilot 9, you could put on lots and lots of computers, since I have several laptops this was a neat feature.
    But, then came copilot 11, this time they got smart, and it will only run on 1 machine at a time.
    If and when you try to put it on a second machine you will happily start it up and right across the screen it tells you that this is being used on another computer and must be unregistered with them and then reregistered on the new computer, and that you must uninstall it on the original machine for the new to work.
    But other than that I love it.
    It tells you for instance that you missed a turn but not to go on this road as it is not a designated truck route, go that road instead.
    Its based on PC MILER and so far has been very smart, about stuff like road construction etc, probably because it is so heavily relied upon by the trucking community.

Would you happen to know does it update over the www, cds or does it update through the GPS? I didn't find anything on this on their www site.

Thanks.

wrongagain Guest

honestly I dont remember, but the product works nicely.
    give them a call, very easy people to deal with.

ALK Technologies, Inc., the leading worldwide developer of GPS navigation, routing, mileage, and mapping software for businesses and consumers, today announced the launch of CoPilot Live 11, a full-featured trip-planning and GPS navigation system for your Windows® laptop. Copilot Live 11 with its redesigned step-by-step address entry, new clear and colorful 2D and 3D map views, navigation based services like real-time traffic, finding your way to your destination has never been easier or more convenient to use.
    “CoPilot Live 11 converts your laptop into a full-featured GPS Navigation solution similar to factory-installed systems in high-end luxury vehicles,” said Dan Titus, Vice President – Business Development for ALK. “Plus, the Live component offers you advanced capabilities like Navigation Based Services (NBS), typically not found in dedicated personal navigation devices (PNDs) or in-vehicle GPS navigation systems.”
    CoPilot Live core features include a choice of map views and a driver safety view so you can keep your eyes on the road, and not on the screen and simply rely on its voice guidance. User’s have the ability to enter up to 50 addresses and optimally route all for the most efficient trip. Multi-stop trips are calculated in seconds, and the instant detour feature will automatically generate a new route if you miss a turn. CoPilot will provide travelers with an updated estimated time of arrival (ETA) throughout the trip, along with the remaining distance to their destination.
    CoPilot Live Laptop 11 New Features Include:
    • RV routing with 12’6 & 13’ height clearance options, propane, scenic, quickest, shortest and toll avoidance
    • Over 6 million new points-of-interest including phone numbers
    • Clear spoken directions with street names
    • Simplified user interface with large buttons and easy destination entry
    • Customize the map color theme with a choice of familiar and fun styles
    • Set and save the types of roads you want CoPilot Live to navigate
    • Enter multiple destinations, mark waypoints, adjust routing options and preview your trip before you hit the road
    Navigation Based Services offered through CoPilot Live include real-time traffic, premium points-of-interest, 2-way messaging, and personalized tracking invitation services. Additional premium Navigation Based Services will be added throughout the year.
    CoPilot Live 11 also features updated ALK Premium Map Data including highways, highway exits, streets, addresses and points-of-interest. ALK’s Premium Map Data includes over 7 million miles of roadway throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico and over 125 million addresses nationwide in the United States. CoPilot Live supports destination entry by address, ZIP code, POI, Latitude Longitude, and by directly picking a location on the map itself.

Sawdust, I have owned the CoPilot versions from 7,8,9 and just upgraded to their CoPilot 11. Peg uses it more for trip routing and mileage than actually guiding us, but we like it.

CoPilot does not upgrade through the GPS, like my Alpine GPS System does in my Hummer. You have a disc with all of the data, that you install into the laptop. It has worked very well untill at least you get down to the EXACT specific address of some place you want to get to. Then at least in the past, it kind of gets you lost, or only misses the house address by a street or two? Which might as well be a mile, when driving one of these big rigs. That is why we use it as a help in routing, not the sole source.

Hope this helps.

Gary S.

Thumbs up Alpine IVA-W505 & PMD B200 Blackbird Navigation

On another note I had them install this system in my Hummer,

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=IVA-W505

I also had them put in the Blackbird Navigation unit, which does upgrade constantly via the GPS signal. It works extremely well. http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=PMD-B200

The IVA 505 mounts in the hummer, and the Blackbird navigation module plugs either into the W505 or into its window mount unit which comes with it.

I hope to get another W505 unit and put it in the bus.

Maybe Santa Claus will bring me one?