Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Satellite Dish?

The cynic in me thinks the used units are being sold because the owners got sick of the problems.

ken&ellen Guest

Thumbs down Used units

I am with Jon on this one. As the pricing comes down on electronics, including sat systems, dealers do not offer trade-in programs; therefore creating a glut of out dated equipment. When I purchased my Liberty part of the deal was a new King Dome. When I went to my local installer he offered me his new system vs mine....but would not give me $$$$ for the King Dome in the box! My systems works fine....simple non-motion system...semi-auto.., but not high tech. Ken

Thanks for the info, I think I agree with Jon and when I get the time, I will go for in motion.
    Kevin

Default My two cents

Now that I have a few more hours of re runs under my belt, Mayberry & Spanky come in good on the new Trac Star as compared to previous dish. I seldom recommend anything, but so far so good with the TracStar in motion dish. Vikki at Satellites in Motion does an excellent job.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Update?

We're a bit behind the curve here.

But happy in our camper.

lewpopp Guest

I just completely wrecked my dish. I left it up and a tree lunched it. Who can I contact for aq new one and can I install it myself with very little knowledge of electronics. I would put it in the same place the old one was. I may have to go to a dome. Hate to spend the Lew Bucks but I may have to.

Default Spending Lew Bucks

Lew:
    This is the place I got my new dish as well as Mangos.
    http://www.satellitesinmotion.com/

The In motion Trac Star was our Choice, but they offer many different ones, so study the ad, and call Vikki, she was super nice and very helpful- cry and wine alot, maybe it will help you - didn't help me.
    Be sure and ask about a factory reconditioned dish to save you money and may tie in with your existing wiring and electronic componets.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

lewpopp Guest

Jon suggested a tracstar. I tend to want to stay with the same thing I presently ruined. It was a Moto-Sat and the pictures on the site look the same. I don't need in-motion so I may call them Monday. Thanks.

I just hope I can unhook the old and replace it with the new without screwing around with the interior wiring.

Ben Guest

Lew,

You might want to check the Datastorm users forum to see if anyone has a used dish for sale.

lewpopp Guest

Does anyone on this forum have a used Moto-sat they are kicking around or some parts they want to rid themselves of. I found a bent shaft in one of the gear boxes after dismanteling it.