Against the current!

I have a KVH L3 and I like it. I have had some trouble, but the factory has been very good about sending cards as needed. My problems seemed to come from the power source I was using. When I purchased the coach, I had a new L3 (in motion) installed instead of moving the Datron low profile (flat) dish we had on the SOB. It worked off of a 12V source in the rear compartment and within two months the power supply board quit working. They sent a new one and I installed it and put in a 120V-12V converter. That worked for several months then the converter failed and took out the power supply again. Another card and a new converter with better filtering and its has worked great for about a year now. My wife would not travel without it.

The new KVH in motion unit has a control box with it that allows you to manually or automatically shift satellites for HD reception. The primary Direct TV bird only has a couple of HD channels on it so to "get it all" in HD, you need to reaim the dish to other birds. This gets complicated when you have more than one receiver as they may request different signals. You may see two dishes on coaches in the future. One for the front receiver and one for the rear or outside unit. With low profile, no big deal.

I would ask for two coax cables from whatever dish you install as many new receivers/DVR units will have two tuners, so you can record one channel while watching another or record two and watch a program already recorded. Great during football season.

And thats my Vote for KVH!

Mike K