Thread: Dehumidifier for bus

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Dehumidifier for bus

I want to install a demuidifier in the bus to prevent mildew. I'm in Sarastoa, FL and the humidity is a killer in the summer. I put a household unit in the shower to test temporairly and it collected two gallons in 24 hours and that's with the weather turning nicer now. The problem was that it throws off a sufficient amount of heat that feels like a space heater is on when you walk in. Probabley better to have no moisture and take the heat as it's only when the bus is no in use. There is a marine dehumidifier I found on craig's list here that sells for almost $500 new that's $250 used which is about $100 more than a brand new LG home unit and I think the difference between these units and the homeowener dehumidifiers is less heat due to a different way to draw the air out. There also smaller since they have no resevoir to collect water but rather you need a drain for it to constantley dribble out of.

You already have three. They are your AC units. If they are working correctly and you keep your windows closed they will dehuimidify the coach to a great extent.

Jeff,

I had one similar to this on my boat in Bradenton and it worked great. The discharge house went in the sink and it was on 24/7.

http://www.controlmastersinc.com/mar...umidifiers.htm

sawdust_128 Guest

The aux. air conditioner units in my bus are programmable to perform a dehumidification cycle. Sorry, I can’t recall the name or brand and the manuals are at the bus loaded for tomorrow’s expedition. I'll try to post as soon as I can in the morning.

I'm sure someone else can tell you if this applies to you. I am having a relapse of my sometimer's maledy.

Who use a dehumidifier in coach when in storage
    there is previous post about aux air doing dehumidification cycle. Would like to know more about such.
    George and Joan
    1998 Royale Aug 2019
    Goldsboro NC
    Just added a 2022 Ford King Ranch

George,

You’re probably referring to Cruiseairs that have a dehumidifier option setting using the SMX panels. I used to use it all the time and it worked well.

To activate Dehumidifier mode on SMX Control planel, press OFF Button, then press COOL, HEAT, FAN at the same time. HU will be displayed. By default it runs the Dehumification cycle every 12 hrs, first running the fan on high for 10 minutes, then the AC for 30 minutes. This probably works great for storage situations, but I've found it obnoxious for every day living. The times mentioned are changable via the front panel.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

I used the option during storage, would make no sense to use it while using the bus.