Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My First

Yankee802 Guest

Default My First

Hello all,

Just wanted to make my first post, this is my first Prevost. (and my first RV) Will browse the forum when I get the chance and I look forward to enhancing my new lifestyle with the knowledge from this forum.

Geoff

Geoff,

Welcome to the forum and the Prevost world. When you get a chance, we would be interested in seeing some more pictures of your bus. Better yet, come to the mini rally in Mobile, AL next week, and we can see it in person.

I wasn't aware that Marathon had been in business that long. We sold our 93 Marathon last year, and we had really enjoyed it.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Geoff,

Welcome to POG, glad to have you on board. I noticed your signature line showing that your bus is Marathon's 1st conversion! Is that correct? It is a little confusing if it is #109.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Yankee802 Guest

Default 1st Marathon Prevost

Yes sir, the number of the coach is #109, Marathon made 8 MCI conversions, then went to Prevost. I learned all this when I called Marathon to update them with the new owner information. This coach is in EXCELENT condition, and shows how long a well cared for coach can stand the test of time. My wife and I are now fulltimers living in our coach, and I intend to keep it in the best condition I can. I'll be soliciting advice on the best course for maintenance as time goes on.

I'll post more on our coach and its/our history later.

Geoff

dalej Guest

Geoff, looking at the right side of your bus, is it a side isle? our windows are in the same location and ours is a side isle. Marathon and Country Coach are so close in proxsimity, they seemed to do a lot of the same styling on their bus's.

Yankee802 Guest

Yes it is a side isle, I LOVE this configuration!

Geoff

It says on the Marathon Website states: "Marathon Coach, Inc. began operations in September 1983 converting new commercial bus shells into luxury recreational vehicles and corporate coaches"., and I guess the #109 1984 was the model year. Wonder how many conversions were produced in 1983, couldn't have been many possibly only one or two??

Geoff,

Welcome to the asylum. In case you haven't figured it out we will be able to answer all your questions. Occasionally we even will give you the right answer.

I'm glad to see your coach has OTR (over the road air). You will not regret that.

Take good care of that coach and it will outlast all of us.

Yankee802 Guest

Thank you guys for the warm reception, and I look forward to learning all I can and hopefully some rallies. If there is anyone in the Virginia Beach area, come by the KOA for a visit.

One of the upgrades I'm considering is solar, but I'll start another tread for that, and yet another for memory foam mattresses, and another for toad information.

I got so many ideas and questions, but I better get back to work.

Geoff

Welcome Geoff,
    We are 477 coaches from ya, 0586. Glad you jumped into RVing with both feet. Way to go.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40